Favourite Steak?

A seared rib eye cooked medium/medium rare screams awesome.
Fuck now I want one.

Rib Eye, medium rare with a side of wasabi mash potatoes.

Bone in strip loin from the grill, about 1 minute per side.

What is a spencer steak?

They're very good but i rarely hear of them anymore. An old girlfriend used to make them for me back in the 90's. Have they been renamed ?

I like really marbled steak rare on the inside and seared on the outside. Sprinkled with a little bit of sea salt.
20110516-cowboy-steak-5.jpg

WTF? You know nothing about steaks if you don't even list ribeye. I have to wrap bacon around a filet so it's almost as flavorful, fatty and juicy as a rib eye. Nothing compares to a seared or seared and grilled ribeye medium rare.

NY Strip slightly leading over Ribeye.

I like them all. But I need to see my beef before eating it and prefer the pre-meal show at a nice steakhouse:

o.jpg

I like just about all cuts of steak. Even the cheap ones cut on the bias can be great, sliced thin.

Given a choice, Ill take a ribeye. If I'm at a steakhouse or even buying a decent steak at the supermarket I'll go with that. My girl always orders a filet, and I always have a bite or two. I don't think the flavor quite matches up to the ribeye, but the texture of it is fantastic. I get the appeal.

yeah its hard to beat a juicy filet with garlic butter and shoestring fries

2859_1.gif

pimqD7a.gif

5A7DPHA.gif

I have been cooking Venison Steaks/tenderloins like this. OMFG..... Tons of butter since it's not as fatty of a meat, and keep basting it in it's own butter/juices...

Filet mignon medium rare at my local Japanese steakhouse.

Fillet - Blue
Sirloin/Rib Eye- Medium rare

All pretty much equal.

Back