Favourite Steak?

That's why you sear steaks.

Yeah, I'm a cast iron guy. If it's a well marbled ribeye, I still think medium is the perfect temp. If it's a filet I'll do rare or medium rare.

Ribeye rare.

Some people say medium rare is better for a ribeye because it renders the fat a little more. I don't disagree, I just think they're wrong.

I've never had filet mignon
giphy.gif

Filet M
yeah its hard to beat a juicy filet with garlic butter and shoestring fries

2859_1.gif

pimqD7a.gif

5A7DPHA.gif

When someone says filet, I assume filet mignon which is from the tenderloin. It is my favorite.

Perfect-Filet-Mignon-Light.gif

I am guess I am just country but I love me some Chicken Fried Steak.

chicken-fried-steak.jpg

Yeah, I'm a cast iron guy. If it's a well marbled ribeye, I still think medium is the perfect temp. If it's a filet I'll do rare or medium rare.
I feel like I can get the fat nice and rendered at medium rare and still keep the tenderness of the meat. Medium gets a bit too chewy for my taste.

Don't usually go rare on a ribeye though.

I have never turned down steak ... When i am making, ny strip for me turns out the best ... But the meat near the bone of a tbone is awesome .... If i am at home, i like it rare ... When i am out for work, will get medium ... Dont wanna upset any of the betas at the table

For those that replied filet, that's the chumps choice. Tender but flavorless. It's babyhood for babies.

All who answered Ribeye or Strip all win by exceptional taste and flavor.

Since every other steak I like has been mentioned. Spicy steak fajitas with shrimp.

Last edited:
T-Bone all day, to the posters saying they put ketchup on their steak....you disgust me

Filet M

When someone says filet, I assume filet mignon which is from the tenderloin. It is my favorite.

Perfect-Filet-Mignon-Light.gif
same here, they were the only steak gifs i could find so i lobbed them in

Filet Mignon..but when I'm with my wife a Porterhouse is best of both worlds.

Probably the most memorable I ever had:
Medallions of doe, as fine as mignon.
Truly among the most delicious things you can put on a Michigan dinner plate.

Back