Favourite Steak?

thats because filet is a terrible piece of meat with no fat.

I honestly prefer a good cheese burger over a steak, but ribeye is the best cut imo.

typically its always been a med rare ribeye for me

but now that I have a smoker, does brisket right off the smoker after 18 hours count? Cause damn that shit is GOAT.

typically its always been a med rare ribeye for me

but now that I have a smoker, does brisket right off the smoker after 18 hours count? Cause damn that shit is GOAT.

Id say yes that would put a 60 day dry aged ribeye to shame.

I agree, to a point. I guess they are just different, just like a ribeye and a prime rib roast. Both amazing.

This thread needs some pics

Don't get me wrong ribeye is incredible but I just have a spot for a good smoked brisket always open in my stomach lol

Don't get me wrong ribeye is incredible but I just have a spot for a good smoked brisket always open in my stomach lol
It really is, its the best right off the smoker when you are cutting it, can't get that very often from a bbq place. I smoked one last year and my friends and I nearly ate the whole thing as I was cutting it.

I don't get how people still love filet much?
I had some chateaubriand at an expensive place a few years ago that was delicious
Lots of places have really been stepping up their games with the braised rib lately too

It really is, its the best right off the smoker when you are cutting it, can't get that very often from a bbq place. I smoked one last year and my friends and I nearly ate the whole thing as I was cutting it.

I don't get how people still love filet much?
I had some chateaubriand at an expensive place a few years ago that was delicious
Lots of places have really been stepping up their games with the braised rib lately too

Braised rib I am in.

As for tenderloin some just prefer a leaner cut of meat.

Nice. What herb did you use? Not for the skillet, but the thing that makes you pan fry a steak at 2AM.

victory.jpg

Put your humor hat on, bro.

Haha, yeah.

You caught me :)

thats because filet is a terrible piece of meat with no fat.
I love the way it feels in my mouth though, I can't really explain it. My teeth tearing through a blue piece of fillet is like nothing other.
(yes, fillet not filat)

On the topic of steak which is better dry or wet aged?

My local butcher asked me to give two wet aged ribeyes a shot and see if they are better than the dry aged ones. I am going to be grilling tonight that's for sure lol

On the topic of steak which is better dry or wet aged?

My local butcher asked me to give two wet aged ribeyes a shot and see if they are better than the dry aged ones. I am going to be grilling tonight that's for sure lol
Dry aging.

And I have a hankering for lamb and well hes the guy I buy all my meat from. Not one and done with this butcher.

He hooks you up if he sees your a repeat customer.

Like this past Christmas we had prime rib told my mom id get it. I picked out the one I wanted and and he lifted the scale a bit so it wouldn't cost as much. I wasn't expecting him to do it. He just gets good quality beef

He didn't have too. But Knew I am always buying all my meats from him.

I love the way it feels in my mouth though, I can't really explain it. My teeth tearing through a blue piece of fillet is like nothing other.
(yes, fillet not filat)
well, i never eat blue or even rare steaks anyway, so we probably have pretty different taste in beef

Well even if' its not as good as dry aged I got 80$ worth of steak for free.

And I have a hankering for lamb and well hes the guy I buy all my meat from. Not one and done with this butcher.

He hooks you up if he sees your a repeat customer.

Like this past Christmas we had prime rib told my mom id get it. I picked out the one I wanted and and he lifted the scale a bit so it wouldn't cost as much. I wasn't expecting him to do it. He just gets good quality beef

He didn't have too. But Knew I am always buying all my meats from him.

man that's awesome. i wish i had a relationship with a butcher where im at now. maybe once i move away from this shithole

well, i never eat blue or even rare steaks anyway, so we probably have pretty different taste in beef

I'll have a tournedos/filet blue if I know it's been well dry aged for 30-45+ days, but otherwise, it's rare for me to have a steak blue as well. There is a significant difference between the texture and meatiness of a well dried tenderloin cut blue-rare versus less 14-21 day dry aged - there's more bite and less bounce. (BTW, this is what I'm talking about when referring to the inadequacies of the English language in describing food texture, taste and aromas.)

As for wet aged beef blue or rare, forget it. Ends up with too much chew and slippage. May as well grind it and have it tartare if you're going to have wet aged beef raw IMO.

man that's awesome. i wish i had a relationship with a butcher where im at now. maybe once i move away from this shithole

Its a good idea to have a good relationship with a good quality butcher. Especially if the meat is of great quality.

Back