Favourite Lord of the Rings Movie?

The Fellowship of the Ring is by far the best. I was dying to see more after that film. The Two Towers is a bit too talky for my liking and the Return of the King is bogged down by the ending montage and is engorged in far too much action. Fellowship is almost perfect.

dam im conflicted

its a tie between first and third

Two Towers slightly over Fellowship.

Although the big battle in Return was badass.

First one for me. It didn't have a big of battles as the other two, but it really drew you in. I also think it was the one that was most true to the books.

Helm's Deep is, to this day, the greatest battle scene portrayed in cinema history.

I voted the first, but actually it's the animated Hobbit from the 70s.

You know, the one with all the songs.

Animated Return of the King, because where there's a whip, there's a way!

I'm going to have to say 3,2,1. Granted I did first see the series when i was much younger so i was less into the storyline/talking and was more bout that action. ja feel??

I love how this can even be a debate. There aren't many trilogies that are consistantly brilliant.

Eowyn got friendzoned! Aragorn should have tapped that 1st. That's my only gripe with the two towers.

Last one, because it's the last one.

I love how this can even be a debate. There aren't many trilogies that are consistantly brilliant.

It's not a debate. It's a question which your personal favorite is.

The fellowship drew me in with its pacing and the action is very well done (except for weathertop). I thought the fight at Amon Hen was incredible. I'm talking about the extended versions btw. I used to be really into these movies, I watched all of the extended versions. Game of Thrones has stolen my heart though.

ROTK even though some parts I really didn't like. I did like when the Rohirrim reform the line to charge the Mumaks and the heroic music is playing and then it cuts off as the Mumak sweep them away with their tusks.

Back