Favorite Tom Cruise movie

Isn't Dances with Wolves just a rehashed Pocahontas?

Isn't Dances with Wolves just a rehashed Pocahontas?

I don't know about that.

I just meant in the sense of a white man coming into a community that is so utterly different to his, getting accepted and then ending up being better than everyone at everything, despite them doing it from birth and him doing it for about a month.

Then he leads them into battle against the people he only just left a short time ago, yet now classes as "evil"

It's the premise for plenty of westerns, i'm sure.

I went with Top Gun on pure general principle and nostalgia. One of my favorite movies as a kid and will always hold a dear spot in my heart. But overall, Tom Cruise is one of my favorites and I've enjoyed most of his movies.

whoever doesn't put Top Gun hasn't seen Top Gun

3436774_o.gif

Its the premise for a lot of films in general, which is why I think its dumb to cry 'rip off' when you see a film with a slightly similar story arch.

New comer finds himself in a new world surrounded by a new and unfamiliar culture, at first he's treated as an outsider but over time he earns the people's trust and becomes a hero.

Yeah you could pretty much insert that story arch into almost any type of film.

Romance, fantasy, action, blah blah blah.

Days of Thunder is better.

Rain Man
Before he lost his shit.

Rain Man was the shit.

And the references it spawned, brilliant.

Whoa whoa whoa, I just now noticed... Risky fucking Business isn't even a poll option.

Dude... what the hell?

Collateral. Love that movie.

A Few Good Men is up there, and Rain Man.

Never saw Top Gun.

Other Tropic Thunder. I dislike anything that is Tom cruise and he was not typical in that movie.

No love for Taps? It was like that Lou Gosset-Frodo movie but good.

Minority Report. Love that film, and underrated.

Tom's a great actor too.

Back