Favorite throws/clinch to do when in the clinch?

Enron Exec. said:

wtf.. if you don't do judo a lot and you keep getting that you must be one quick fucker.

I have countered this move 100% of the times even when it was done by supreme blackblets only because I never press forward like a fool and when I feel it comming I drop to my knees instantly!!

I-Shoji said:
However, just recieved my Randy Couture clinch-takedowns DVD and going to go nuts on the stuff on there for a while to get some new tricks...

thats the shit right there. i cant imagine a better addition to your clinch than that video

Did anybody notice the modification on the last Ouchi Gari that Fedor used on Crocop? I'm not a judo guy, but that was sweet. He had an over/under grip, over on the side he was tripping. He sunk his tripping leg in but Crocop kept his balance, so he just reached down with his under side arm and lifted his other leg up at the thigh, dumped him.

I like greco stuff too but for some reason I am just more interested in the judo throws. I feel like they are also more aesthetically pleasing ;)

wildcard_seven said:
Did anybody notice the modification on the last Ouchi Gari that Fedor used on Crocop? I'm not a judo guy, but that was sweet. He had an over/under grip, over on the side he was tripping. He sunk his tripping leg in but Crocop kept his balance, so he just reached down with his under side arm and lifted his other leg up at the thigh, dumped him.

Ya I saw that and kinda nutted over that one too. Later in the end of the thrid round he does a really cool trip from his knees and flings crocop too.

Fedor's takedowns are a thing of beauty. He is so economical about them. He wastes next to no energy getting them. Which if you ever roll starting from the feet usually I spend a good amount of energy that I'd rather have when I get to the ground...

Greco may not be as pretty as judo, but the power and snap of the techniques is actually pretty awesome to see, and they are a lot more viable for MMA since Judo relies a lot on the Gi..

Back