Favorite styles in MMA?

I like anything that works with a finish as the goal. And guys with excellent cardio.

I hate anything that serves no other purpose than winning a 10-9 round. And I am really disappointed when guys gas too quickly.

No preferred style, but I can name certain fighters style & background that is very well suited for MMA. BJ Penn, Liddell, Pettis, Lauzon, Machida & A.Silva
Penn's main martial arts(JJ) & boxing is a dangerous mixed due to him being very dangerous on the ground with perfect boxing and underrated wrestling. Liddell style fit perfect for him at LHW at the the time he was reigning due to his kickboxing me wrestling. Pettis, Machida & Silva IMO is the perfect fighting style, take the less damage and finish the fight. Lauzon is just balls out. Bj and Lauzon styles do have some flaws due to them wasting lots of gas. But those are my Opinions.

I like anything that works with a finish as the goal. And guys with excellent cardio.

I hate anything that serves no other purpose than winning a 10-9 round. And I am really disappointed when guys gas too quickly.

This.

I don't mean to sound like a douche, but I like watching very good fighters.

If I were forced to pick a favourite style, it'd be creative, aggressive striker with a wicked guard/sub game, a la Condit, Pettis, Cerrone. But I also really enjoy someone who's incredibly well rounded, like Aldo, Jones, GSP.

But basically, if a fighter has really fucking good, effective MMA style, then chances are, I'll like it whatever it is.

I love watching Jones, Brown, Cain, Pettis, Condit, GSP, Anderson, Aldo, MM, Rousey... they all have very different styles, but they're all very good with their styles.

Pretty much the only thing I can't stand is timidity and/or safe but ineffective game plans. Strikers who turn in to Sparrers because they're afraid of the takedown. Or wrestlers who are great at getting someone down, but then just die in the guard once they get there.

You're there to fight. Fight. If you do, chances are I'll be somewhat of a fan.

I enjoy watching greatness in action.

Point-fighters of any ilk. Why should they risk their health to satisfy our demands for entertainment? All hail the Just Blanket God.

Athleticism, striking technique and creativity, good pace and preferably, above average power.

Favorite fighters are Silva and Condit, soooooooo

Great diverse striking, fearlessness, good clinch game, muay thai

Aggressive submission grapplers be it catch (Barnett) or bjj (Palhares) those are my favorite guys to watch. I also like fighters that leave it all in the cage win/lose/draw they bring it each and every time (Shogun, Jon Jones, Frank Mir).....and for some strange reason I also love watching Bigfoot Silva fight (not sure what category he fits in)

Grapplers who prefer positional dominance rather than submissions with the intention of minimizing risk/damage
Shields sonnen fitch
not my style

Strikers that use footwork to evade strikes and counter only when an opening is given, but are capable submission artists
Machida aldo
One of my faves

Wild strikers that prefer to use a vicious bottom game rather than focus on defending takedown
Condit anderson
Above average

Wrestle-boxers that like to stay on the feet, although lacking in technique, but also with the capability to taking an opponent down
Hendo

Grapplers that intend on hitting a submission at any opportunity once it hits the mat and solely rely on landing a submission to win a fight

lauzon maia
Love to watch it but can be frustrating as it not hugely effective

Strikers that throw heavy leather and focus on defending takedowns at all costs rather than working submissions or sweeps from the bottom
Jds alvez
good not great

Fighters are generally 'good' in all areas, but do not exceed in one particular aspect of fighting
Gsp barao
My favourite

Or a fighter that is so good in one area, they can be completely dominant
palhares and a few mentioned above
Sadly their has passed

Love watching guys who throw good leg kicks. I dunno why, it's just a pretty technique to me.

Cub Swanson. Goat McGoober, The Dong 2.0, TRT Belfort, Matt Brown. I like an attacking style with skill, purpose & devastation.

is Fedor's in his prime:pure ill will,unmitigated violence.
My ideal fighter would be :
Someone with CroCop left high kick,Douglas Lima's low kick,GSP's wrestling ,Hendo's right hand,Anderson's muay thai and Wedum's BBJ.

My favourite style to watch is the unpredictable, well rounded style like Jon Jones (minus the eye pokes) - someone who is almost never going to get taken down, can do damage in the clinch and whenever they're stood up, can come out with anything.

Donald Cerrone and Matt Brown are my favorites to watch. If they're fighting I'm watching. Can't forget the do or die era Clay Guida either. It wasn't always pretty but it was exciting to watch...

I love fighters that use TMA's in the cage, like Pettis with TKD, machida with karate, Karo with his Judo and such, but nothing like seeing crisp Muay Thai and Kickboxing from guys like Crocop and Anderson.

not a big fan of wrestlers due to the lay n pray that alot of them possess but when a wrestlers takes down and goes for the finish but relentless like Chael I enjoy.

Old school

Guys who don't know what they're doing and just go for it

Back