Favorite Stand Up Comedians

Bert Kreischer only has one good bit.

While I enjoy the machine that is all he has....

Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Dave Chappelle
Chris Rock
Andrew "Dice" Clay
Richard Jeni
Dom Irerra
Sam Kinison
Louis CK
Greg Giraldo

Dennis Leary was on Joe Rogan's hit list of comedians that steal from other comedians. Rogan accused Leary of stealing from Bill Hicks.

Interesting. Thanks for the vid.

Dennis Leary was on Joe Rogan's hit list of comedians that steal from other comedians. Rogan accused Leary of stealing from Bill Hicks.

Bill Hicks accused Denis Leary of stealing from Bill Hicks. It's because Denis Leary bit his whole persona from Bill Hicks. And some jokes from Bill Hicks.

Bill Hicks had a great name. Bill Hicks Bill Hicks.

I'll throw a mention out for Dennis Leary.

Go watch Bill Hicks. Dennis Leary pulled a lot of Hick's material. This is coming from someone that thought Leary was a comedy god until I found Hicks. There is a reason Dennis doesn't do stand up anymore but as a performer he is very good, just not a comedian.

Go watch Bill Hicks. Dennis Leary pulled a lot of Hick's material. This is coming from someone that thought Leary was a comedy god until I found Hicks. There is a reason Dennis doesn't do stand up anymore but as a performer he is very good, just not a comedian.
Carlos Mencia is probably the GOAT comedy performer. Apparently can't write for shit, though. But before I found out he was a thief, he made me LMBO. His album Take a Joke America is one of the greatest comedy albums of all time, in a bubble. In hindsight, not sure how much of it is original, though.

Carlos Mencia is probably the GOAT comedy performer. Apparently can't write for shit, though. But before I found out he was a thief, he made me LMBO. His album Take a Joke America is one of the greatest comedy albums of all time, in a bubble. In hindsight, not sure how much of it is original, though.

I agree with Carlo Mencia. Joke are a weird thing. We as laypeople retell jokes all the time. So, it is ingrained in our culture. I can see to a comedian how it would be bad. Sort of how a playwright would be pissed if someone copied a play.

Carlos should get some writers but this youtube video has some truth in it. If you watch enough stand up, there is a lot of similar or the same jokes just do to everyone sharing the human experience. Other stuff, I don't know. Are you an entertainer or a writer? Getting down on someone telling similar jokes kind of gets off track that all comedians are entertainers first. You can't entertain, you are out of a job. It is a gray area that is not recognized as being gray. Dennis O'Leary's album was better or in the least more marketable than the material he stole from Bill Hicks. Bill Hicks I would say is still better but Dennis resonated more with a larger audience.

Richard Pryor and George Carlin are the godfathers of this being funny biz.

Eddie Murphy and Andrew Dice Clay were bonafide rock stars.

I like Bill Hicks but I'll go with No Cure for Cancer anyday.

Shout outs to Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Billy Connolly and Rodney Dangerfield.

Segura. Chappelle, and Burr are my favorites at the moment. Hedberg, Patrice, and Giraldo are top tier as well.

Neil Brennan the guy who helped write Chappelle's show has a very good special on Netflix right now. It's not all lol type comedy but it is very good imo

Richard Pryor and George Carlin are the godfathers of this being funny biz.

Eddie Murphy and Andrew Dice Clay were bonafide rock stars.

I like Bill Hicks but I'll go with No Cure for Cancer anyday.

Shout outs to Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Billy Connolly and Rodney Dangerfield.

And let me add a real one to that list

51gE6ik9I2L._SX342_.jpg

Back