Favorite Stand Up Comedians

Bill Burr's first few specials are the stuff of legend. He's sort of fallen off a little recently though.

I also love Chapelle, Mitch Hedberg, and Carlin.

Dane Cook
Lisa Lampanelli
Brendan Schaub

Bill Burr's first few specials are the stuff of legend. He's sort of fallen off a little recently though.

I also love Chapelle, Mitch Hedberg, and Carlin.
Pretty much my list, Hedberg was something special.

Bill Hicks,
Richard Pryor
Billy Connolly
Bill Burr
Doug Stanhope
Jim Jeffries
Jim Norton

Colin Quinn
Nick Di Paolo
Louis CK
Bill Burr
Norm MacDonald

I'll throw a mention out for Dennis Leary.

Just saw Kevin Hart last night. My face hurt from laughing so much.

Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Jim Breuer
Bill Burr

Chapelle
Burr
Jeffries
Norm Mcdonald
John Mullaney

Seeing some names in here that I forgot.

Bill Burr
Tom Segura
Chris Porter
Mitch Fatel
All also on my list.

And Mitch Hedberg for those who have passed also.

Norm MacDonald, Steven Wright, Richard Pryor, Billburr Baggins, Mitch Hedburg. Maybe Dave Attell too, since he's good in any situation. May be forgetting some.

Some of my favorite specials throughout the years were ones by Dana Carvey (Critic's Choice), Damon Wayans (90's stuff), Dave Chappelle (his prime years), Colin Quinn (Long Story Short), Howie Mandel (this was an 80's one), and Paul Rodruiguez (this was a 90's special). Not sure how some hold up now, but when I watched them they were amazing. John Pinette had a couple great ones in the 90's as well. Mitch Fatel always had good talk show sets and some Comedy Central stuff in the 90's.
Then there are always funny guys like Dangerfield, Dave Attell, Jim Gaffigan, and Don Rickles. May not be my favorites, but I always enjoy seeing them.
Patrice O'Neal and Nick DiPaolo were even better off the cuff than on stage I think, some comics just work that way. A lot of those guys that were on Tough Crowd personified this (most of them northeastern comics as well, Burr and Attell amongst them).
Haven't seen much of his work in years but I enjoyed Jimmy Carr back in the day as well. I like those short wordplay jokes that he, Wright, and Hedberg are known for.

Last edited:
Joe Rogan is not funny.
I liked Brian Regan, but his new Netflix special is literally cringeworthy bad and I'm not kidding.

Love Hannibal, Hedburg, Wright among others
Surprised it took this long for someone to say Mitch Hedberg. That dude was hilarious.

Chappelle #1, he could read the phone book and Id laugh.

Don Rickles, a legend and pioneer and the type of comedian that alleviates social issues in a very counter intuitive fashion but it works. Basically your skin colour and culture is not serious business and should be treated as such. Mr. Warmth did that masterfully.

Tonnes more, too many to name.

Dave Attell
David Cross
Patton Oswalt
Gilbert Godfried
Dave Chappelle
Robert Klien
Bill Burr
Norm MacDonald

Louis CK, the wanking in front of women is a weird one though.

Dylan Moran
Bill Hicks
Colin Quinn (he's a bit hit and miss, but his ''Long Story Short'' is one of the best stand up shows I have ever seen)

Back