Favorite Rolling Stones Song?

I never thought I'd witness anyone say that Beast of Burden of Honky Tonk woman was their favorite song. I am legitimately shocked.

What's your reasoning. Dude, the Beast of Burden riff is this shit.

It's not a deep, or complex song. But when I hear that intro, it automatically puts me in a good mood.

What's your reasoning. Dude, the Beast of Burden riff is this shit.

It's not a deep, or complex song. But when I hear that intro, it automatically puts me in a good mood.

Those songs both just sound so bland to me. I always figured they were just fillers to meet a requisite number of songs for an album.

Can't pick a favorite, but I am partial to the "Some Girls" album. "The Girl with Far Away Eyes" is one of my quirky favorites.

[YT]VyK1bZZ7E-s[/YT]

Its hard to pick a favorite song, but I do like that album. The title track is pretty slick.

[YT]Uid7RrXBY2A[/YT]

"Shattered" is a good groove.

[YT]5IvxpNTNmzs[/YT]

"Monkey Man" and "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" are pretty rad also as mentioned already.

I have to add "Sway" also. "Sticky Fingers" is another great album.

[YT]Fns2-OHWt9A[/YT]

I came in to post that song. Far Away Eyes is by far my favorite.

Thank You all for your responses. Good to see fellow Stones fans on Sherdog, and nice to hear such a variety of responses.

Those songs both just sound so bland to me. I always figured they were just fillers to meet a requisite number of songs for an album.

Like I said not deep or complex, but catchy as hell. I guess if you followed the Stones closely album by album you'd have a problem with it. I'm just not that deeply invested of a fan. I'm pretty sure I haven't even heard close to all their songs.

I heard a lot of people hated 'Miss You' for that reason. I still think it's an cool song.

Beast of Burden
Miss You
Moonlight Mile

Like I said not deep or complex, but catchy as hell. I guess if you followed the Stones closely album by album you'd have a problem with it. I'm just not that deeply invested of a fan. I'm pretty sure I haven't even heard close to all their songs.

I heard a lot of people hated 'Miss You' for that reason. I still think it's an cool song.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I was just surprised. Different taste.

I always turn it up when the choir kicks in during You Can't always get what you want... love it. Sounds like frikin angels from heaven.

Last edited:
Paint it Black. Gimme Shelter and Start Me Up always gets me going too

Put another one up for Paint it Black.

Beast of Burden

Gimme Shelter, though it's been in so many mob movies it's wearing a bit on me, and Mother's Little Helper.

And also Miss You

Was my dads fave band when i was a kid so:

angie
wild horses
waiting on a friend
miss you
beast of burden
time is on my side
play with fire
mothers little helper
paint it black
under my thumb