Favorite regional style of hip hop?

Satsui Ryu

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
These days I don't think there is a huge difference in styles around the country, but at one time west, east, and south were extremely different.

I'm a product of environment so was always into 90's west coast, but I hated the resurgence in the early 2000's.

None. Learn how to play an instrument so that can you can actually appreciate music.

for me 90's west coast and south (Outkast). It's really hard to choose, 90's were the golden years of hip hop and everyone was bringing the heat.

Nothing beats the east cost style of hip hop of the 90s

^^^^
Edit-Nice lol.

I listen to early 90's stuff from New York more than anything. But I do love the Texas flow as well, and not just because I'm biased.

None. Learn how to play an instrument so that can you can actually appreciate music.

Oh shut up, it's another style of music with it's own artistic worth with pros and cons.

New York >>>

hip pop is different than hip hop.

I'm a die hard metal head through & through & even I know the difference.

Only like East Coast (New York/New Jersey) and West Coast.

Don't like Southern rap at all except for the Geto Boys and very few 2 Live Crew songs.

Only really like rap from the 80's the early 2000's. Couple of exceptions.

The 90's and East Coast was where it was at. In the 00's I'd give it to the South. Right now though, I've gone back to my East Coast lovin - that's where my vote is. Jigga, Biggie, Ma$e - need I say more?

90's NYC Rap music /thread

These days I don't think there is a huge difference in styles around the country, but at one time west, east, and south were extremely different.

I'm a product of environment so was always into 90's west coast, but I hated the resurgence in the early 2000's.

I am an Ice Cube fan and enjoyed his work with N.W.A. and after he went solo feuding with his former band.

90s southern music for me. The Dungeon Family (Outkast, Goodie Mob), South Park Coalition (K-Rino, Ganksta NIP, Point Blank, Street Military), 8Ball & MJG, Three 6 Mafia/HCP, UGK, Scarface/Geto Boys and the rest of Rap-a-Lot.

You don't have to like the genre, but cut the ignorant bullshit. There's a lot of hip-hop artists, especially from the 90s, that wrote, preformed and produced their own material. There's all kinds of exceptions, but personally, that's a lot more impressive than a guy banging on a drum set. Also, as mentioned already, there's some hip-hop artists/producers that play and incorporate instruments in their music, with the Roots being the best example.

I like several but NY is my favorite.

I have always liked the southern swedish(Sk

Back