Favorite quote

I actually felt really badly for the people who bought tix to see Barnett fight Fedor when it got cancelled. You may get your money back for the fight but the hotel, flight you can't. Plus anyone who used their vacation time.

When a ninja is sitting in a fucking tree, waiting to kill some shit, he doesn't have his girlfriend there.

Mcgregor- "in his last fight he went to a decision, i bounce heads off canvases"
Diaz in response- ".....against a normal sized human being"

i wouldn't call it my favorite quote, but whenever someone is fucking up at work, i actually say "[blank] needs to do their jobby-job"

Anything Chael Sonnen says becomes an instant favorite.

Here's one.

"I finish fights" Ken Flo

When you get that call, you better hope and pray it's not Kenny Florian

Kenny Florian finished fights

-Kenny Florian

McGregor: "I don't give a shit about no belt. I--"

Diaz: "Then why do you bring it everywhere then?"

McGregor looks glumly down at his featherweight belt

“I like to look into the eyes of my opponents,I can see what I can expect – if she’s afraid or not,Then I feel more confident, more comfortable, more powerful.” - Joanna Jędrzejczyk

"The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up." - Fedor Emelianenko

"The most important thing that I've figured out is that things work out the way they're supposed to. We try to have all this control and fashion things the way we want, but everything happens for a reason, and in the end it works out the way it's supposed to" - Randy Couture

“You better not boo me!” – Al Iaquinta

"The strength is coming, because I went back to training. What is even harder is the self-confidence to kick back the way I did before. I'm tracking a psychologist to take off the 'ghosts' of those horrible moments I spent in the accident. When I train I'm still apprehensive.I know I can perform the move (kick), but I end up not doing because of fear. I know it will not hurt anymore. But it is natural to feel scared. I've been through that phase of having the belt, to be champion and such. The truth is that Ayrton Senna, we will only have one, a Pele, we will only have one, and Anderson Silva, we will only have one. Who watched, watched. Who didn't, won't watch anymore.In a way you will see, but not fighting for the belt. I have no patience for it, I think that every day I get closer to retirement". - Anderson Silva

"No I wouldnt like my son to become a fighter,this is a very hard career,if he would ask me I would tell him to do something else,like soccer." - Mirko Cro Cop (this quote is very old,when his son was still a toddler)

"I fought the way I usually do, I guess that’s the main reason for my victory." - Wanderlei Silva

Because one day,one day somebody gonna try to take something from you,and you gonna have to choke that motherfucker,its that simple. - Ralph Gracie

You gotta talk less boolsheet,and go for train more! - Wallid Ismael

Everyone out partying,I just here make a training,I make a training two times! - Wallid Ismael

"I physically can't come back. I didn't want to be done, in the beginning. When I announced my retirement, that was actually when I was trying to come back and I realized, it just wasn't viable. It passed me by. My shoulder is done. I brush my teeth with my left hand now. That's just the way it goes. I can't shoot a basketball, I can't throw any kind of ball. I was right handed. The last three years, I was kinda fighting with one arm, on and off. My training camp was, I don't want to call it Frank Mir style, but it was Frank Mir style. It's like, I'm going to work on whatever hurts the least today. What are we doing today? Well, what's not broken today? That's what we're going to do today.If you asked me today what my dream job is, it'd be to be a UFC fighter. That's what I want to be when I grow up. Nothing will ever take that place.But it's just not physically possible. You have to move on with your life at some point. You don't quit fighting, fighting quits you at some point. It's very unfortunate, but that's the nature of the beast. And that's one of those things, too, that I like to tell young fighters. Have a backup plan. When you're walking into the cage, on that day, on that week, you're a world champion. You're Anderson Silva. You're going to retire from the UFC as a champion and have plenty of money. Fine. But when you get your check and you go to the bank, start to think like Forrest Griffin. What am I going to be doing in five years? Is it realistically going to be fighting? This is not a forever job. This is a young man's game, and at 36, I'm already done. Everybody thinks they're going to be Dan Henderson. You're not." - Forrest Griffin

"Reconstructive nose surgery after Cro-Cop...He hit me with an elbow and it shattered my nose, like, completely shattered everything in my nose. Second round, too. I was like 'Why the fuck am I so tired? I'm in great shape!', and I couldn't breathe out of my nose and it was just all blood just going, gushing down my throat.Uh they went in and put like some mesh thing in it, because all the bones were so fractured, and like, tiny fractures ... put some mesh thing in it. "But then they put these brackets up there, stitched them in, so when it moved I had to chill like that for six weeks. It was the most pain I've ever been in. Popping painkillers everyday. Got addicted to them.Because I had a doctor who was like 'Oh I'm cool, I'm hip, here's 200 Oxycontin.' and I was like 'Hell yeah!'. Got the things taken out, next thing I know I'm still filling in the prescription, popping every single day, didn't even notice. 6 a day.Finally a buddy had to come to the house and take 'em from me. It was some intervention shit.They just knew I was taking it non-stop.I think I was just out of it all the time. Like, out of it. You know I'm a guy who talks a lot, I think I was just kind of like this f*ckin' asshole who just, like, chills. Low-beat. I was super depressed.(Coming off them)"Horrible! Super itchy I was real irritable all the time. And then I got a fight with Nogueira. Perfect timing." - Brendan Schaub

“My nightmare is fucken when [Fedor] Emelianenko knocked my ass out in affliction. You know it’s ridiculous. It was so far back, and four years ago it was the biggest fight of my life and you know I fought like.....I don’t know...like....I just have bad words. I fought like a…..anyway, I just, I did what I wasn’t supposed to do and I just, and I jumped this flying knee, I gave him a present. I would love it if the UFC are going to sign him and I want a rematch.First of all because the fight before when I fought Ben Rothwell I jumped with a flying knee and I hurt Ben Rothwell. People went crazy, and you know for some reason I thought I can like do like anything that I want; I can throw elbows, knees, you know. And I jumped with a flying knee when I fought Emelianenko and I didn’t cover myself, you know just lights out. John McCarthy woke me up and I was, that’s it. But the first four minutes I felt that every kick, every punch got the target. I saw he was hurt. I just needed to, at that time I just needed to stick to the game plan [for the] first or second round and I [would've] whooped his ass definitely. But it is what it is, fact that he knocked my ass out and I lost that fight.” - Andrei Arlovski

"After the (Henderson) fight, I don't remember anything. I remember being in the showers and I didn't have a clue what was going on.I was saying to my manager at the time, 'I can't be knocked out cause I'm not fighting for another two months, what the hell are you talking about?' and then these people come and go 'Michael we need to take you to the hospital'. I'm like I'm not going to the hospital and then I'd say again, 'what's going on', I'd just keep repeating myself.In my mind I thought I had somehow been convinced, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. "That's what was going on in my head. I was like 'why have I fought tonight? I'm not supposed to fight for another two months!'.Eventually they coerced me into the ambulance and we're rolling to the hospital and after a while it kind of dawned on me." - Michael Bisping

"Everybody is on steroids" - Nateradamus

maxresdefault.jpg
The horror that must have been The Chris there , most cringe worthy moment ever in MMA , I to turn the sound off .

"I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.” - Jon Jones

Now we know how he had a clean record...

You can't get much accomplished if you work only on the days on which you feel good.- Unknown

"I had a dream I was raped by Tom Selleck and Freddie Mercury." - Tank Abbott (about Don Frye and Dan Severn)

Back