favorite "other" 8-bit games?

cabear

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
i saw the nes thread and thought, well what about the sega master system, tg-16 or others? It would be cool to see some favorites from other systems!

2cgygat.jpg

This was my first real intro to the tg-16 and i loved it. just a really fun, different adventure game. i loved that axe charge up!

2v00if5.jpg

this game beats link 1 IMO. i just enjoy it more, though it is way easier.

It's weird, I didn't know anyone who had a Master System over NES even though most of my friends had a Genesis over SNES. I think the only MS game I played was a port of one of the Game Gear Sonics.

i had the exact opposite growing up! I was the freak with a genesis and others had snes. i had an nes though, my cousin had the tg-16 and a friend had the master system. i loved seeing the different games i couldn't play on my nes, and after that i kind of always gravitated towards the other systems, jaguar, 3do, cdi, saturn, i wanted a different gaming experience.

I remember playing Alex The Kid on master system at my cousins house when I was a kid. Awesome game, but looking back, it's an absolute turd of a game.

Alex Kidd was rough. The reversed controls didn't help.

No Europe people? Figured they would be in the master system pool...

My neighbor had a Sega Master System and had a game called Golvellius, total knock off of Zelda. Overworld exploration/combat was like LoZ and the dungeons more side scrolling platforming like LoZ II. Played the shit out of this game over many weekends.

Last edited:
I grew up with the Famicom, but I've grown to like the Master System (emulation but still). The colors look richer and the library while small, is still pretty solid.

I liked the Mickey Mouse Illusion series in particular. Sonic 1 & 2 were pretty tight as well.

Comedy gold. Had me laughing like a stoned hyena.

My best friend had Master System. Only game I remember playing with him on it though was a so-so port of Rampage.

My brother had a master system.
It had a light gun called Gangster Alley that i loved. Ive yet to get a working emulator to work for it.

He had Rambo, Ghost House, Space Harrier, some shitty shooter.

It wasnt a bad system but i never eversaw a commercial for it.

cyber-core-usa.png

A lot of people love Blazing Lazers but this was just as good.

i saw the nes thread and thought, well what about the sega master system, tg-16 or others? It would be cool to see some favorites from other systems!

2cgygat.jpg

This was my first real intro to the tg-16 and i loved it. just a really fun, different adventure game. i loved that axe charge up!

I would consider the TG-16 a 16 bit machine as it was on par with the Sega Genesis and SNES.

I never had anything else 8bit besides an NES, but I remember wanting to play the Master Systems version of Double Dragon, because it was Co-op and looked like it was closer to the arcade version.

Back