Favorite method of taking the back

(whether I do the lockdown depends on the situation) > Old School > If Old School fails, apply the electric chair > If electric chair fails, pass the leg and take the back.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:mad::eek:

my latest is a head and arm trap coming out the side from full guard. if i'm on top in either half or side and the guy turns away from me to try and escape, i have several little maneuvers to take the back.

My favorite personally is from butterfly guard, where you arm drag them when you have them up and off balance, looks great when pulled off. Or good old fasioned ground and pound if mma, till they whince and turn over.

I can't seem to take the back unless people fuck up and give it to me. So the only way I can force it is to go for the ninja from twister side or the samurai when they push me out of mount.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:mad::eek:

I see what you did there, lol... :icon_lol:. but you know exactly what he's talking about but. It's just semantics.

I think it's pretty cool to be able to use a (reverse) japanese vine, which was not allowed in folkstyle (and greco of course), I should know this but I think it was actually legal in freestyle.

The issue I have with that statement how do you use a that vine, hip up, limp arm to double to take someone's back? I've done it with the e/c sweep, but o/s? I just don't see it. Not saying it's not possible, but seriously, who gives up their back in that situation? I've just never seen it.

The only reason why I used those terms was because it was a lot easier than writing every single detail. Even then, I think it would get confusing without pictures to illustrate my point. I'm not really a strait up Eddie Bravo guy, BUT I do like his half guard combinations.

Old School
YouTube - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Eddie Bravo Old School Sweep Technique

Electric Chair
YouTube - Electric Chair Hip Crank from Lockdown Half Guard

From there if the electric chair does not work, I just take the back. Hope this explains things.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edit
I just noticed the poster above did all the explanation for me. lol

Last edited:
double lapel drag from sidemount.

oh and tfp is just poking fun at you guys...

My favorite way is from top of side mount when they try to roll away from me and I can get my bottom hook in first. Or from de la riva guard

My favorite way is from top of side mount when they try to roll away from me and I can get my bottom hook in first. Or from de la riva guard

That is one favorite also, when they are on their sides from side control and try to come up to turtle. If the stay still and I have my harness grips, I'll walk around to their head, stand them up to a seated postion and get my hook in there.

Back