Favorite kickboxer

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Just curious about who your favorite kickboxer is and why. My favourite is Petrosyan just his Style, footwork, technique the man got everything.

Petrosyan is definitely one of my favourites, great technique. I liked fighters like Hoost and Spong a lot too back in the days

Petrosyan, Kraus, Masato, Holzken, Jauncey, Le Banner, Rick Roufus, Jean Yves Theriault, Don Wilson, Hug, Aerts, Hoost, Tenshin, in no real order....Petro, Lebanner, Tenshin are in top 5 for sure though..

Marat Grigorian, Chingiz Allazov, Gokhan Saki, Takeru, Pech

Buakaw, Tyrone Spong, Nieky Holzken are my favourites. I also like Israel Adesanya and Artem Vakhitov.

In K-1 rules:

5. Robin "Troll face" van Roosemalen
4. Petpanomrung
3. Kaew
2. Takeru
1. Mohan Dragon

1 Ghita
2 Adegbuyi
3 A. Stoica
4 B. Stoica
5 Morosanu
6 Catinas
7 any other romanian....

Petrosyan, Kraus, Masato, Holzken, Jauncey, Le Banner, Rick Roufus, Jean Yves Theriault, Don Wilson, Hug, Aerts, Hoost, Tenshin, in no real order....Petro, Lebanner, Tenshin are in top 5 for sure though..
Mma fans said that Tenshin was a tomato can lol, he’s insane.

1 Ghita
2 Adegbuyi
3 A. Stoica
4 B. Stoica
5 Morosanu
6 Catinas
7 any other romanian....

Yes, I love any Romanian including also Sebastian Cozmâncă, Amansio Paraschiv or Cristian Spetcu. But honestly I don"t love many fighters under the heavyweights. Spetcu for example is very light, even more than Amansio. It"s impossible not to love the Romanian fighters, because we have KO power. Even from your Dutch perspective it"s impossible not to like them. Because you don"t bring the KO power since the era of Hoost and Aerts. The current are even more boring than Schilt, but at least Schilt was pointing like Verhoeven but was stopping them. Schilt was still a beast. Just take a look at Michael Duut, he is like we say in Romanian: DEZORDONAT! Aka disorderly, messy, even though he has the knockout power. Now if we compare him to Andrei Stoica, Stoica is also aggressive but can also box very technically, plus he all the Romanian user their leg kicks. Yeah, I do believe we are spectacular and showmen even when we lose. I basically even miss Errol Zimmerman. That"s kickboxing plus outboxing.

I am for the HWs + LHWs. I can"t say I like a lot a foreign kickboxer right now, but I do admire Levin, Pereira, Adesanya, Noiri and Sittichai (Superkombat didn"t sign him on my recommendation when he was fighting in France). Wei Rui is also pretty good. In the HW division right besides Adegbuyi and other Romanians, all are boring because they don"t bring the knockout power. And Ben Saddik is slow as fuck. Roman Kryklia has qualities though. Before I really liked Ismael Londt. And who I really liked, and loved of course, were in K-1. Le Banner and Bonjasky. And I did admire more.

Last edited:
@Broadcast Your supernationalism towards your country Romania is unfounded, unoriginal, repetitive, boring and actually even laughable.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve or even if you fully believe what you're typing yourself, unless you're completely delusional and brainwashed. Which makes me wonder how much propaganda is going on in Romania for their people to be so irritably over-patriotic.

there are so many that is impossible to choose one

Max Era - Souwer, Buakaw, Masato, Kraus, Petro, Zambidis, Kyshenko, Sato, Gago Drago, Yuya Yamamoto, Chahid Oulad El Hadj, Faldir Chahbari, Hayato, Joerie Mes.

K-1 Golden Era - JLB, Aerts, Ignashov, Hoost, Bonjasky, Bernardo, Leko, Sefo.

these two groups have not only my favorite fighters but made me a fan of kickboxing because of their fights,especially the fights between them.

Of course there´s a lot of guys outside this list like Levin, Doumbe, Gerges, Koya and many many others.

It"s impossible not to love the Romanian fighters, because we have KO power. Even from your Dutch perspective it"s impossible not to like them. Because you don"t bring the KO power since the era of Hoost and Aerts.....

In the HW division right besides Adegbuyi and other Romanians, all are boring because they don"t bring the knockout power. And Ben Saddik is slow as fuck. Roman Kryklia has qualities though. Before I really liked Ismael Londt.
Alrighty then.

@Broadcast Your supernationalism towards your country Romania is unfounded, unoriginal, repetitive, boring and actually even laughable.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve or even if you fully believe what you're typing yourself, unless you're completely delusional and brainwashed. Which makes me wonder how much propaganda is going on in Romania for their people to be so irritably over-patriotic.
This, exactly.

Man, so many...Buakaw, Sauwer, Petrosyan, Branko, Hoost,...

But the guy who got me interested in kickboxing back in the day

600x600.jpg

Would like to see Spong against Rico now.

Before the leg break it would have been interesting, definitely. Now there's no point as Spong has been retired from Kickboxing since then.

Spong would get destroyed. He was never really a heavyweight and after his injury I think he only boxes now

Spong was a beast towards the end of his Kickboxing career and I could definitely imagine him beating Rico. He fights at heavyweight in Boxing by the way.

Back