• Mr Poppers Penguins

• The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

• Kick Ass 2

• Dumb and Dumber To

• The Bad Patch

• Dark Crimes

• Sonic the Hedgehog

Results are only viewable after voting.
Me myself and Irene is a goddamn comedy classic.

The Farrellys has their greatest run with the 1-2-3 punch of Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and Theres Something About Mary.

but Me, Myself, and Irene is not too far below them. And that’s why I voted for it. Carrey was great in the dual roles there.

Eternal Sunshine is probably the “best” movie there but for being very intelligent and emotionally resonant, it still didn’t really stand out to me in the way that I know it appealed to some.

Eternal Sunshine is by far better than the rest of that list. So well done. I actually enjoyed The Majestic. That movie gets a lot of shit. Watched Yes Man and Bruce Almighty a bunch of times each. The rest of that list is garbage.

from this list..MMI

Dumb n Dumber ((1st)) is my all time favorite comedy....
Ace2
cable guy
Ace1
MMI
number 23
sunshine
Liar Liar

the rest can get garbaged.....we'll keep the Mask around for the kids...

from this list..MMI

Dumb n Dumber ((1st)) is my all time favorite comedy....
Ace2
cable guy
Ace1
MMI
number 23
sunshine
Liar Liar

the rest can get garbaged.....we'll keep the Mask around for the kids...

The Mask holds up quite well in my opinion. It doesn't have the same overall impact it did when I watched it as a kid in the mid-90s but it's a damn fun movie.

Ace 2 never really did anything for me. I gave it points for not just being a retread of the original like so many comedy sequels but I thought it paled in comparison to Carrey's best work. Other than the Cliffhanger parody (which was brilliant) and the rhino birth scene which was Carrey at his physical comedy best, I didn't really like it.

Original Ace is fun but it doesn't hold up nearly as well as Dumb and Dumber which is an all-time comedy great.

Liar Liar really has some inspired hilarity in there. The moment where he tries to explain his case to Swoosie Kurtz and Jennifer Tilley's ex-husband and it comes out as just a jumble of nonsense gets me every time. Additionally, when he meets Kenneth Falk, the man on the tape and the guy is like, "so we just have to lie, that sounds easy enough." Carrey- angrily "Doesn't it!!!"

Eternal Sunshine is by far better than the rest of that list. So well done. I actually enjoyed The Majestic. That movie gets a lot of shit. Watched Yes Man and Bruce Almighty a bunch of times each. The rest of that list is garbage.

Yes Man is an innocuous and funny movie but it just seems like lesser Carrey overall to me. Still better than a lot of what his work post-2000 but not a classic.

It's so much better than that Fun with Dick and Jane remake he did with Tea Leoni though. That was just dull and ill-conceived.

The Mask holds up quite well in my opinion. It doesn't have the same overall impact it did when I watched it as a kid in the mid-90s but it's a damn fun movie.

Ace 2 never really did anything for me. I gave it points for not just being a retread of the original like so many comedy sequels but I thought it paled in comparison to Carrey's best work. Other than the Cliffhanger parody (which was brilliant) and the rhino birth scene which was Carrey at his physical comedy best, I didn't really like it.

Original Ace is fun but it doesn't hold up nearly as well as Dumb and Dumber which is an all-time comedy great.

Liar Liar really has some inspired hilarity in there. The moment where he tries to explain his case to Swoosie Kurtz and Jennifer Tilley's ex-husband and it comes out as just a jumble of nonsense gets me every time. Additionally, when he meets Kenneth Falk, the man on the tape and the guy is like, "so we just have to lie, that sounds easy enough." Carrey- angrily "Doesn't it!!!"
in Ace 2 where he is playing out the scene from the Twillight Zone with William Shatner is hilarious

in Ace 2 where he is playing out the scene from the Twillight Zone with William Shatner is hilarious

haha you're right. "There's someone on the wing....some...thing..."

toss up between Bruce Almighty and Yes Man. went with yes man.

Yes Man is an innocuous and funny movie but it just seems like lesser Carrey overall to me. Still better than a lot of what his work post-2000 but not a classic.

It's so much better than that Fun with Dick and Jane remake he did with Tea Leoni though. That was just dull and ill-conceived.

It really was a Liar Liar light but not nearly as funny. Liar Liar made me laugh until it hurt. Like fuckin three times. Good lord I'm simple.

Who voted for The Number 23?

That movie was atrocious.

1. Me myself and Irene
2. Bruce almighty
3. Eternal sunshine
4. Sonic the hedgehog
5. The majestic
7. The number 23
8. Mr poppers penguins
9. Yes man
10. Grinch

Back