Favorite fighters dwindling, falling out of love with MMA?

Here's my recommendation: Stop watching UFC events and watch OneFC or Rizin or something.

And for goodness sake don't watch Invicta and stop watching those WMMA fights on the UFC.

You can thank me later.
He will really forget about MMA waiting for the next Rizin or ONE FC card. It is like waiting for a shooting star. At least UFC keeps the sport going by actually putting out events.

I don't personally. The pain is real, but that comes with the territory. Whether it's a team or individual sport favorites are always gonna lose. Gotta let the highs be higher than the lows.

I will always be a Rampage fan, win or lose. Winning is great but I mostly care about good fights, not belts and playing it safe to win a decision.
Yes, correct.

Even with Rampage's decline and losses to the likes of Glover, Bader and Jones - I'll always cheer and love Rampage.

I'll always have an affection for the fighters that I love, but much like my affection for Roy Jones - it's hard to love a fighter when they are no longer that fighter. I loved what Roy Jones could do, and when he became a shell of himself I still loved the character and the individual, but you can no longer love the fighter - he's not the same.

Fickle Fan. I will be a Condit fan forever win or lose. Everyone loses just don't take it hard like ronda.

Cmon the the latest influx of 100 pound woman & 100-140 pound men that you have never heard of does not excite you , you sir are not a real MMA fan .

(If you dont love MM & FLW you are not a real fan) - (Lucifer Alpha & Dana White)

still a fan
all these champions ducking is kinda lame tho

The sport has it's up and downs. As fan favs fall interest fans interest takes a hit. New stars emerge in time. You hope for great fights and great fight cards. It's wasn't long ago when we had champions that it looked like would not be dethroned like Cain, Jones, Silva, GSP, Aldo, Rousey but look now they are no longer holding the belt for different reasons. With exception of Conor the ones holding those belts now aren't big fan favs and are expected to lose in any given fight. I DC though can rule LHW unless he is facing Jones. It's interesting to see lots of change but we love also dominance and thwarting challengers.

So I've been thinking about this since Robbie Lawler was one punch KO'd the other night - Am I falling out of love with the sport of MMA?

Now I don't mean to sound like a brat over this, but seriously think about this...

I'm a die-hard Liverpool FC fan, always will be - even if we were in the Conference. But seriously, years and years of irrelevant seasons with no title contention - alongside a lack of competitiveness in the cup tournaments just drives the love out of me. I see the same 2-3 teams every year in the title race, or the Champions League final - it's fucking boring to me.

Now take this to MMA.

95% of fights, I just genuinely don't give a fuck about anymore. UFC do a disgraceful job of promoting fighters and that is constantly proven by P4P greats like Lawler and Demetrious being completely ignored. Never mind if I'm trying to get into a new up and comer.

So, that day comes along where one of my favorite fighters are fighting, and they lose - they don't just lose, they get absolutely obliterated. Examples: Shogun against Jones, Lawler against Woodley, Werdum against Miocic.

It's part of the sport, I get that, but with all this PED shit and all these "elite" fighters losing constantly, alongside most of them being my favorite fighters - I'm kind of getting sick of it.

I'll always love MMA, but I'm not sure if it's the same feeling for it anymore.

Am I alone on this?

gloves.0.jpg
I've been getting more and more bored with ufc for various reasons

1) no logic to a lot of their title shots
2) I would rather see one good card than 5 boring ones

They have become all about fake hype like Conor

I am a big Lawler fan but fuck am I absolutely loving all this butthurt that Woodley caused.

:p

Am I alone on this?

You're not alone at all. When Chael loss to Anderson the second time, I thought about ditching this sport. Same as when Gus loss to Rumble, when Liddell loss his title to Rampage, when Lesnar retired after that Overeem fight, when Conor loss to Diaz, and when Fedor loss to Big Foot. These were all very depressing for me.

Nah you are just depressed that true warrior like Robbie got Ko'd by a pre madonna athlete like Woodley....believe me I am too lol.

Take solace in knowing that Woodley wont defend the title once.

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about this since Robbie Lawler was one punch KO'd the other night - Am I falling out of love with the sport of MMA?

Now I don't mean to sound like a brat over this, but seriously think about this...

I'm a die-hard Liverpool FC fan, always will be - even if we were in the Conference. But seriously, years and years of irrelevant seasons with no title contention - alongside a lack of competitiveness in the cup tournaments just drives the love out of me. I see the same 2-3 teams every year in the title race, or the Champions League final - it's fucking boring to me.

Now take this to MMA.

95% of fights, I just genuinely don't give a fuck about anymore. UFC do a disgraceful job of promoting fighters and that is constantly proven by P4P greats like Lawler and Demetrious being completely ignored. Never mind if I'm trying to get into a new up and comer.

So, that day comes along where one of my favorite fighters are fighting, and they lose - they don't just lose, they get absolutely obliterated. Examples: Shogun against Jones, Lawler against Woodley, Werdum against Miocic.

It's part of the sport, I get that, but with all this PED shit and all these "elite" fighters losing constantly, alongside most of them being my favorite fighters - I'm kind of getting sick of it.

Am I alone on this?

gloves.0.jpg

I dont have anywhere close to as many favourites/heroes as I did 5-10 years ago.

That era of great fighters and big characters has not been replaced at all.

Now take this to MMA.

Am I alone on this?

gloves.0.jpg

Well if its any consolation to you, the sport is growing!

bye bye!

Shit thread from a fair weather fan. Fuck off, mma doesn't care about u.

If you like MMA because you're a fan of particular fighters, you're kind of an idiot, and you're fucking doomed. That's like, middle schooler pro wrestling shit.

You gotta be in it for the sport itself. The game. When someone whoops your favorite guy's ass, you shouldn't go "wahhh I don't want to watch anymore."

You should go, "Awesome, now we have another badass fighter to watch and look forward to."

Weidman beats Anderson? Good! Now we get to look forward to Anderson fights AND Weidman fights! Too many people fall into this trap of just rooting against the guy who beat their favorite fighter. Really, you should be rooting for him. I mean, if he's good enough to beat your favorite guy, he must be pretty damn good right?

If you like MMA because you're a fan of particular fighters, you're kind of an idiot, and you're fucking doomed. That's like, middle schooler pro wrestling shit.

You gotta be in it for the sport itself. The game. When someone whoops your favorite guy's ass, you shouldn't go "wahhh I don't want to watch anymore."

You should go, "Awesome, now we have another badass fighter to watch and look forward to."

Weidman beats Anderson? Good! Now we get to look forward to Anderson fights AND Weidman fights! Too many people fall into this trap of just rooting against the guy who beat their favorite fighter. Really, you should be rooting for him. I mean, if he's good enough to beat your favorite guy, he must be pretty damn good right?

They that depends doesn't it? if the guy who beat your favourite entertaining? if the sport as a whole becomes less interesting to watch by interest in it will obviously decline.

Take a break if your not enjoying currently enjoying MMA.

Back