Favorite fighters dwindling, falling out of love with MMA?

There are allways new fighters who i will like. Fedor,Wanderlei,Nogueira,Cro Cop...all those guys were my favorites...and either dont compete anymore or outside the realm of anything meaningful,but newer fighters like DC,Joanna champion and Nurmagomedov and others are my favs now,and new fighters will reveal themselves after that. It will never end if you are a true fan of the sport,and you take the time to follow it.

So I've been thinking about this since Robbie Lawler was one punch KO'd the other night - Am I falling out of love with the sport of MMA?

Here's my recommendation: Stop watching UFC events and watch OneFC or Rizin or something.

And for goodness sake don't watch Invicta and stop watching those WMMA fights on the UFC.

You can thank me later.

Too many cards indeed. It's way over saturated. I miss the stacked cards

It's like Pizza, good as a treat now and then but every day it becomes fuck pizza

Sacrilege, I've never said, "Fuck pizza."

So I've been thinking about this since Robbie Lawler was one punch KO'd the other night - Am I falling out of love with the sport of MMA?

Now I don't mean to sound like a brat over this, but seriously think about this...

I'm a die-hard Liverpool FC fan, always will be - even if we were in the Conference. But seriously, years and years of irrelevant seasons with no title contention - alongside a lack of competitiveness in the cup tournaments just drives the love out of me. I see the same 2-3 teams every year in the title race, or the Champions League final - it's fucking boring to me.

Now take this to MMA.

95% of fights, I just genuinely don't give a fuck about anymore. UFC do a disgraceful job of promoting fighters and that is constantly proven by P4P greats like Lawler and Demetrious being completely ignored. Never mind if I'm trying to get into a new up and comer.

So, that day comes along where one of my favorite fighters are fighting, and they lose - they don't just lose, they get absolutely obliterated. Examples: Shogun against Jones, Lawler against Woodley, Werdum against Miocic.

It's part of the sport, I get that, but with all this PED shit and all these "elite" fighters losing constantly, alongside most of them being my favorite fighters - I'm kind of getting sick of it.

I'll always love MMA, but I'm not sure if it's the same feeling for it anymore.

Am I alone on this?

gloves.0.jpg
The sport is constantly evolving.

I used to hate the too many cards thing...but i got fight pass and can eventually watch them all,but sure...some cards..im not gonna make time to watch...and thats OK.

"changing of the guard", tends to happen every few years.

is normal. sucks to see, but these aren't robots in the cage fighting...

Try eating it every day for a year and we'll talk

I've eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken every day for a year and had no problems.
I haven't managed with Pizza yet because it's too expensive.

But I don't get tired of my favorite foods. Ever.

A few years ago on Sherdog it was the UFC needs to grow we want more fights. Now cards are watered down less fights. Everyone wants fighters to make money..The only way the fighters make money is fighting yet you only want to watch the big names and not the guys at the back of the roster.

Fucking Hypocrites

Boooo.

I like your posts, stay with us bro!

There's a British champ right now (I'm presuming your British) which should put a smile on your dial
Thanks fella haha.

I am English (born here), but my father is from Dublin and my mother is from Cork. I don't really cheer the english, I actually cheer the Irish in everything. What makes that all so funny is the fact that I hate Conor more than anyone, probably because he's a walking/talking stereotype.

Happy for Bisping, but not as amped as most.

I'm probably stick around forever lol, just a rough patch.

Fuckin glory hunter. Get the candles out.

Footy is beyond sport in England. It's damn near a way of life. If you can't love your team because they've spent years not winning anything, then your a plastic fan.

Mma is warrior shit, beyond sport for a completely different reason. Where people come to a cage to see who is better on that night. If you are falling out of love with the sport because your favourite fighters are losing, then you are a plastic fan.

Abe simpson voice - For shame!
Look pal, I'm not saying I'd turn my back on LFC or any other team I follow in any other sport.

My point is you lose interest, you do, you just do. If your team is in a title race i.e. Leicester this season, the fans would have been more interested and invested than any other season prior - that's the truth.

As a Liverpool fan, when we are dossing around in 11th place after 16 games, I lose fucking interest. It's another season of a great club just being subpar. I still watch the games, I still keep up on the news, but I'm running to the pub to watch the game like it's "must see stuff" because it's not.

UFC is missable now. HOW CAN YOU MISS UFC 200 AND IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!??? They've fallen off.

I still like mma, especially during the NBA off season.

But I have lost a lot of interest for a while now.

because

#1 Gsp's gone..
#2 Anderson Silva fallout
#3 too many freaking card.
You a Raptors fan? Being from Canada and all...?

I'm a Celtics fan, very similar feeling to being a Liverpool fan at the moment lol.

In a funny way, Anderson Silva losing to Chris Weidman kind of started this implosion off.

You'll never feel this way if you are a true fan of the sport, and not a fan of fighters.

When you watch Woodley vs Lawler and blank out their faces, forget who they are, just look at them as Fighter A vs Fighter B.

You can't deny that was a beautiful, devastating feint-to-overhand.

Look pal, I'm not saying I'd turn my back on LFC or any other team I follow in any other sport.

My point is you lose interest, you do, you just do. If your team is in a title race i.e. Leicester this season, the fans would have been more interested and invested than any other season prior - that's the truth.

As a Liverpool fan, when we are dossing around in 11th place after 16 games, I lose fucking interest. It's another season of a great club just being subpar. I still watch the games, I still keep up on the news, but I'm running to the pub to watch the game like it's "must see stuff" because it's not.

UFC is missable now. HOW CAN YOU MISS UFC 200 AND IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!??? They've fallen off.

Alright I'm not going to pretend I don't know what your saying. Glory is glorious. Stakes provide emotion. Winning shit is a great mix feelings. But when it comes to the social, cultural and territorial beast that is football... I cannot even begin to agree with the idea that 'losing or not being good' can take love away from the sport.

I will retract my question of your Liverpool fandom because it was out of order and hasty. But we are just completely different as people, as consumers and as fans of sport. I appreciate that your more a majority/normal person and me a romantic/minority but I'm okay with that.

Too many cards and roster way too big, other than a fighter like Cerrone doubt will see any of this generation fighters in 30 40 bouts, stars need to fight with some kind of frequency hard to get pumped for fighters that fight once or twice a year, and with the frequency of injuries and suspensions I'm sure people will be more hesitant to purchase flights and tickets to events

You a Raptors fan? Being from Canada and all...?

I'm a Celtics fan, very similar feeling to being a Liverpool fan at the moment lol.

In a funny way, Anderson Silva losing to Chris Weidman kind of started this implosion off.

Worst then that, I'm a Knicks fan...

I have a love hate relationship with the Raps...
I love them until the draft... -_-'

Back