• Philadelphia

• Pelican Brief

• Malcom X

• Ricochet

• Mississippi Masala

• Mo Better Blues

• Heart Condition

Results are only viewable after voting.
Crimson Tide stands out for me because he went toe to toe with one of the greats in Gene Hackman and held his own.

Philadelphia was a good movie. I’d prolly go with for Crimson tide or Got Game & Ray Allen was surprisingly good as well.

Still love that song by Bruce for Philadelphia.
As a kid, I dug it quite a bit. Beautifully haunting.

Last edited:
I liked the one where it was the candidate or something. Probably later than the 90s tho. So I gotta go with fallen.

I watched The Bone Collector at least 5 times when it came out at Blockbuster.
I recently re-watched Philadelphia and it held up, but I was very partial to He Got Game when it came out. Haven't seen it in the longest time. I'm pretty torn. Haven't voted in the poll yet. Not sure if I will...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict at least 60% of the people here will not choose Ricochet simply because they haven't seen it.

I also predict that 90 percent of that 60% would absolutely love it if they did.

Ricochet was the shit, although to be honest, John Lithgow carried that movie (no knock on Denzel) just like he carried season 4 of Dexter (no knock on Michael C. Hall). Lithgow is just that good and can steal the show from bigger name actors.

I liked the one where it was the candidate or something. Probably later than the 90s tho. So I gotta go with fallen.
manchurian candidate, that was 2000s, good movie tho

And @SeeingThings was like Denzel didn't have enough filmography to make a poll lol. I'd like to see an overall denzel movie poll tho

Crimson Tide for me. Great movie all around. Devil in a Blue Dress is underrated, imo, and would be second place for me.

I mean back in the early 90s Denzel was relatively unknown and the plot was an obvious choice by the studio to have their own competition for Cape Fear which was also released that year.

Turns out it had more action and testosterone, not quite the acting but in the long run it is served well based off Denzels megastar popularity rise and Lithgows over the top villian.
i liked it better than cape fear even though cape fear was obviously more realistic and prolly a better made movie or whatever. the part where deniro is all infatuated with nolte's daughter is kinda weird

200.gif

This scene could have been half the movie far as I’m concerned

Too tough to choose

Fallen I've watched more than the rest, at least once per year. Malcolm X, Hurricane, Mo Better Blues are all better movies as such.
Ricochet is a guilty pleasure, as with Boner Collector. Devil In A Blue Dress was surprisingly good when I watched it recently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back