Favorite Comic Book Artists

Luke, you need to review Leifeld's work.

Portacio:

X-Factor_v1_no66.jpg

Lamefeld

tumblr_loppjqWKVl1qg4z2po1_500.jpg

I'm not saying all his work is liefield-esque, just that one I quoted. C'mon you have to admit he nearly checked off all the requirements on his Liefeld checklist on that one.

Miller
Mcfarlane
Lee
Campbell
Choi

I'm not saying all his work is liefield-esque, just that one I quoted. C'mon you have to admit he nearly checked off all the requirements on his Liefeld checklist on that one.

He was more like a knockoff Silvestri who was a knockoff Jim Lee

He was more like a knockoff Silvestri who was a knockoff Jim Lee

This, although they were pretty much contemporaries, and Lee was just the best of the bunch (like VHS:Beta)

Comparing that Portacio cover to Leifeld is like comparing Bernard Goetz to Hitler :D

Luke, if you were a politician you would have to give a public apology tomorrow.

Most of my favourites have been mentioned.

I want to add Jacen Burrows.

Mcdaniel is GOAT Nightwing artist.

Now, as Whilce deteriorated he does show some Leifeldesque qualities, like adding facial expressions to Iron Man...

603023.jpg

not quite as revolutionary as Rob doe

IronManbyLiefeld.jpg

CHL saw it coming from a decade away. Bravo, Luke your observations skills will not be dismissed again

today.

Silvestri is better than Jim Lee.

come at me bro!

Not in the early 90's! Jim Lee was king of the early 90's. X-Men 1 gatefold cover and multiple internal spreads foreva.

comicnut034.jpg

comicnut042.jpg

comicnut038.jpg

After that Jim Lee became rich and didn't need to rely on his drawing prowess.

Not in the early 90's! Jim Lee was king of the early 90's. X-Men 1 gatefold cover and multiple internal spreads foreva.

After that Jim Lee became rich and didn't need to rely on his drawing prowess.

i think silvestri improved after cyberforce. whereas lee became stagnant. maybe he hit his ceiling.

i think silvestri improved after cyberforce. whereas lee became stagnant. maybe he hit his ceiling.

Jim Lee became rich. He sold off Wildstorm to DC and made his Korean dad proud of him for ditching medical school to become an artist.

It took awhile for Silvestri to catch up. His early X-Men stuff was pretty weak, but once he got going...derm

Loved the Here Comes Tomorrow storyline

e9aac5f0317651dfa468bdaef7a5b6f8.jpg

There are so many damn great artists, with various different styles across the board, makes it hard to choose a favorite.

Jae Lee

39_DARK_X_MEN__THE_BEGINNIN.jpg

Steve McNiven
f361a17105feee04ac87da817612b869.jpg

995eefa5a1807264bf8133e925dd34d0.jpg

Matteo Scalera
3407606-blackscience01_640.jpg

secretavengers_scalera.jpg

It took awhile for Silvestri to catch up. His early X-Men stuff was pretty weak, but once he got going...derm

Loved the Here Comes Tomorrow storyline

e9aac5f0317651dfa468bdaef7a5b6f8.jpg

New X-Men is one of my favorites. Grant writes a great closing arc in Here Comes Tomorrow... Ties up his entire 3 year run.

IMO the greatest run of Xmen ever.

I liked McNiven on Civil War with Vines on inks and whoever the colorer was. But Nemesis looked rushed. I didn't like the inking/coloring.

I always loved John Byrne's X-Men stuff.

3dd96252fd149d3b84e06a4d9f1db740.png

Alex Ross is a bad mofo, too.

marvels-02-large-00fcs_400x400.jpg

Now, as Whilce deteriorated he does show some Leifeldesque qualities, like adding facial expressions to Iron Man...

603023.jpg

not quite as revolutionary as Rob doe

IronManbyLiefeld.jpg

CHL saw it coming from a decade away. Bravo, Luke your observations skills will not be dismissed again

today.

lol.

you will respect mah authoritah!

Back