Favorite childhood movie?

Indiana Jones, hands down my favorite series (Crystal Skull doesn't exist)

1. The muppet Movie
2. Star Wars
3. Never ending Story
4. Labrynth
5. Halloween (I was a horror fan right out of the womb)

20389_Side%2520Out%25201.jpg

This one was made a few years before I was born, but I remember watching it every time it would come on. This was years before the VCR, so we didn’t get to watch it unless it played on tv.

AC0ACE2E-0E27-4CEE-B21C-7071B79B0B4C.jpeg

Good topic! Star Wars was the big one. But I also watched classic (?) war movies with my dad, over and over: Dirty Dozen, Longest Day, Kelly's Heroes. Every year the family would watch Sound of Music, which is fantastic. I also remember Secret of Nimh and The Rescuers.

When I got a little older, Time Bandits and North Shore.

Probably Neverending Story. But since that's been said I really liked this one too.

p5945_v_v8_ab.jpg 181_010.jpg

Holy crap the plague dogs... The hunting scene scared the hell out of me as a kid..<Eek2.0>

Yeah, fuck that movie and Watership Down. I was way to sensitive as a child for that kind of shit.

Undoubtedly Star Wars.
ETA it's bullshit that they haven't released the original, non-"special" CGI filled garbage.
Oh my God, a hundred times yes. I hate that shit, especially the Jabba scene. And by the way, Han absolutely would have shot first in the cantina.

For that matter, I hate when they shove in the scenes from the cutting room floor too. They were edited out for a reason and I've never seen a film where the tossed scenes didn't take away from the original.

Oh my God, a hundred times yes. I hate that shit, especially the Jabba scene. And by the way, Han absolutely would have shot first in the cantina.

For that matter, I hate when they shove in the scenes from the cutting room floor too. They were edited out for a reason and I've never seen a film where the tossed scenes didn't take away from the original.
If you've never seen SW saved by the edit, it's worthwhile.
Seems Lucas' wife at the time did a lot of the editing that made SW awesome, and cut the unnecessary scenes about perfectly.
There was a scene featuring his buddy who'd gone to the academy (illegal rebels have an academy?) and it was simply bloat that did nothing for the plot.

If you've never seen SW saved by the edit, it's worthwhile.
Seems Lucas' wife at the time did a lot of the editing that made SW awesome, and cut the unnecessary scenes about perfectly.
There was a scene featuring his buddy who'd gone to the academy (illegal rebels have an academy?) and it was simply bloat that did nothing for the plot.
Never heard of it. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Back