• Young Guns

• Heathers

• The Vanishing

• Midnight Run

• The Thin Blue Line

• Talk Radio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Too late!

This is one of my favorite scenes. The casting of the shop owner just adds to the insanity. The dialogue is great. The way he tears the package open and has that sense of release, after he puts in the fangs, is hilarious. I could keep going... It's just a beautiful scene.

1988 was a really good year for films. Bettle juice is my favorite next rain man

almost went with coming to america but the last section of that flick was chock full of schlock.
still one of the best first halfs of a movie in cinemastory though

This scene blew away everything else in it. It stole the fire from their two centerpieces. This is where it peaked. Frankie Faison was on fire from the start to finish. I'm not sure who that was that fell down the stairs, but that fart was icing on the cake. Pure gold.

Last edited:
No ones picking Bull Durham, make way for the GOAT Undisputed 1988 ruler.

MV5BNjkyY2EzZmMtOGFhYS00OWQyLWI0YmMtZGFmNzhkN2EzZDgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

great fucking movie @John Mabrey

a lot of good movies on the list tho. i went with colors. you fucked uo holmes. you joined a gang
I have come to the conclusion Above the Law is underappreciated on sherdog.

As tempted as I am to go with Bloodsport and I'm also partial to Die Hard and Coming to America, and Rain Man was so critically acclaimed, I think Colors was a great film and ahead of its time. It helped pave the way for the "hood" movies of the 90s like Boyz n the Hood, Juice and Menace II Society and it was the original and did it better, IMO.

Whoever didn’t vote for Coming to America - all I have to say is this:
upload_2020-11-3_12-23-5.gif

Charles Grodin is great. He does really well playing a frustrated/defeated person. I watched Clifford the other day. A hidden gem, if there ever was... An all-star cast, too. Charles Grodin, Martin Short (as the titular Clifford), Mary Steenburgen, Dabney Coleman, Richard Kind.... Whew!

Cliffordposter.jpg

I found that movie conceptually creepy as hell and never saw it lol but I love Grodin. I can’t believe im blanking on the movie he co starred in with Steve Martin but there’s that great exchange where Martin’s advising him to do a comb over. “Nobody else has hair that swoops over like that..”

Dude is up there. I’d imagine probably 83 or so at this point. Really talented guy who could do comedy, straight man roles, long suffering protagonists, etc.

He and Dyan Cannon steal pretty much every scene they are in in the good Heaven Can Wait. It’s not an amazing film but well done and has a stellar cast- Beatty, Jack Warden, James Mason, Julie Christie, Buck Henry, the aforementioned duo., etc

Back