• Young Guns

• Heathers

• The Vanishing

• Midnight Run

• The Thin Blue Line

• Talk Radio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did-Beetlejuice-Just-EAT-Fly-Instead-Candy-Bar.gif
My God ANOTHER contender emerges. This year was stacked! I missed that one the poll. I always think Beetlejuice was like 85 or 86.

My God ANOTHER contender emerges. This year was stacked! I missed that one the poll. I always think Beetlejuice was like 85 or 86.
Nope. I saw it in theaters when I was 5. My dad took my older brother to seeit and after he made my dad take me and him to see it. My love for beetlejuice is similar to @lakersfan45 love for scream

almost went with coming to america but the last section of that flick was chock full of schlock.
still one of the best first halfs of a movie in cinemastory though

Toss up between Beetlejuice and Who Framed Roger Rabbit for me. Two one of a kind, fun films that I grew up on.

A lotta great movies on that list but Colors is one of the best gangster movies ever made and a personal favorite since I saw it in theaters on opening weekend

220px-Die_hard.jpg

New York City policeman John McClane (Bruce Willis) is visiting his estranged wife (Bonnie Bedelia) and two daughters on Christmas Eve. He joins her at a holiday party in the headquarters of the Japanese-owned business she works for. But the festivities are interrupted by a group of terrorists who take over the exclusive high-rise, and everyone in it. Very soon McClane realizes that there's no one to save the hostages -- but him.

9. Big
8. Coming to America
7. Beetlejuice
6. Midnight Run
5. Rain Man
4. Scrooged
3. Akira
2. Bloodsport
1. Die Hard

Estevez gave excellent performances in both films. It was the role he was born to play, never reached those heights with a performance before or since but it was a great peak.
yeah exactly....they all turned in good performances IMO but like you said...EE's standout performance in an otherwise below mediocre career

edit: shout out to Two Bit in the outsiders...

I know the entire movie is based on bullshit that never happened, but I can't help but watch bloodsport every time it's on.

That era produced a few interesting "family" movies. Drop Dead Fred and Problem Child are two examples. Problem Child is another masterpiece. John Ritter and Gilbert Gottfried were fantastic. Both of their roles were ad lib. Ritter had a pretty good streak in the late 80's. Real Men, Skin Deep, and Problem Child. Ritter was awesome.

Problem_Child.JPG
I always thought he was awesome randomly in Stay Tuned as well

Back