• Vitor Belfort

• Yushin Okami

• Chael Sonnen II

• Chris Weidman

• Chris Weidman II

Results are only viewable after voting.
6514.jpg

weidman 1 and 2 tied for sure.

1 was funny because silva thought he could clown and got knocked out.

2 was funnier because serious silva turned up, got dominated for 7 minutes and broke his leg and was crying.

Jasus man.
You no hespect nothing!

I always wished Vitor got a rematch. Fluke finish if there ever was one. (Not saying it would go any different)

What? Vitor lost to most great fighters he fought, minus his brief TRT sting.

Anderson didn't fight TRTor, his victory was pretty predictable.

First Chael fight is one of the most spectacular sporting events I have ever watched in my life. I had no hope going into round 5, nobody I was watching with had hope, we all just wanted it to be over to confirm the inevitable.

Then he throws up a triangle and I swear to god everybody lost their shit. Absolutely herculean comeback

Then Chael tried to pull some bs about not tapping

Vitor fight was what I voted for. Just insane that he did that against a dangerous striker like Vitor

But that Silva/Sonnen I was insane. My friend kept texting me "it's not over. Anything can happen." And then that fifth round triangle happened and I damn near jumped out of my seat. One of the few times I wished I was watching the fight at a bar just to see people react

I chose Okami because it was the last real Anderson performance, but damn people are sleeping on that Marquardt fight.

Dan Henderson like them both but damn at that time even the pride champ couldn't make it out of the second round with Anderson Silva

sonnen cause it ended any shot that loudmouth would ever have of getting a belt

Sonnen definitely stands out because of all the trash talk he did and how the fight played out. I'm an Anderson fan but Sonnen was hilarious. The lead up to Sonnen 2 was amazing too.

The lead up to Sonnen 2 was amazing too.
For me it was by far the best build up to any UFC fight. The invincible Silva coming off the Vitor frontkick and Okami performance, vs. the trashtalker who came within two minutes of beating him. There was so many moments in between. Even something like Conor vs. Aldo couldn't compare.

It has to be Silva vs. Sonnen 1. All you die hard Silva fans that watched this live with your buddies...to this day it's my favorite title fight I watched live, "TO THIS DAY!" Sonnen had successfully trolled me I wanted him to lose so bad, I hated what a sore loser he came off as during the first submission vs. Filho, he always seemed to get subbed and complain or deny he tapped, or ground out boring decisions and Silva would EASILY dispose of him. That was what I thought and I couldn't wait to see it happen.
I still remember vividly all us watching in our living room, a pro Silva casual crowd and we had one Sonnen guy in the room. There were the early signs, when in the first round Silva caught Sonnen's kick and Sonnen turned around and flipped free, only to rock Silva with a punch leading to Silva "panick wrestling" lol. I was dumbfounded round after round as Silva was repeatedly grounded. By the fifth round I was thinking, much like the fourth round, that Silva has about 30 seconds to try and knock Sonnen out because once he was grounded he had no answer and Silva came on strong but slipped and got taken down again. I was like, oh my god, no, there is no justice in MMA. Not Sonnen, of all fighters, not Sonnen! How is this happening. I was literally trying to talk myself into accepting the decision and dismissing how invested I was emotionally in this fight when Silva locked up that submission in like the last minute in a fight where he lost all 4 rounds.

We all (except the lone Sonnen guy, who was really more an Anderson Silva hater than anything) just erupted in cheers. I remember my best friend and I hugged and jumped up and down it was ridiculous how into that contest we had gotten. One of my favorite MMA memories.

Actually my favorite title fight might have finally been surpassed by Khabib vs. Gaejthe. And I watched that one live all by myself...that's how good that was lol.

Last edited:
Back