Hart Break Kick 97

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
My favorite: Vitor
My most anticipated: Chael 2/Weidman 2
His best performance: Franklin

His title fights I watched live: Vitor, Sonnen 2, Weidman 1 & 2

His UFC fights I watched live: Leben, Irvin, Griffen, Vitor, Sonnen 2, Bonnar, Weidman 1&2, Diaz, DC, Brunson, Izzy, Cannon, Hall

I always wished Vitor got a rematch. Fluke finish if there ever was one. (Not saying it would go any different)

Vs. Vitor Belfort. The fight itself wasn’t anything, but that KO is still my favorite to this day. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I watched it live. It was unbelievable at the time and it just felt like he was unbeatable.

KO-Front-Kick-Anderson-Silva-vs-Vitor-Belfort-GIF.gif

Vs. Vitor Belfort. The fight itself wasn’t anything, but that KO is still my favorite to this day. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I watched it live. It was unbelievable at the time and it just felt like he was unbeatable.

Amazing KO and regardless of how phony an explanation it was, it is pretty bad ass to use your post-fight-interview crediting your win to a technique you learned backstage from Steven Seagal.

The chael sonnen fight was an instant classic, and it was what elevated him into a “goat candidate” IMO. Everyone always said “what if he fought a wrestler”, similar to how we always said “what if khabib fought a bjj guy”. And Anderson took on the challenge and came out on top.

I lost my shit at that finish. The hype and buildup for that fight was immense.

For me personally, Chael II. The fight itself wasn’t really a classic but I was more emotionally invested in that fight than I should have been lol.

I initlally picked Vitor,but i'd change it to the Sonnen fight. That was total fucking pandemonium. Watched it a Buffalo Wild wings,and the experience was insane. People going to other people's tables to talk shit (in a light hearted way)

People were losing their minds,and then when the triangle happened...forget it...what a night!!!

Only Khabib vs Conor,and Fedor vs Arlovski was a more insane fight to watch live with people

The chael sonnen fight was an instant classic, and it was what elevated him into a “goat candidate” IMO. Everyone always said “what if he fought a wrestler”, similar to how we always said “what if khabib fought a bjj guy”. And Anderson took on the challenge and came out on top.

I remember being very worried Chael was going to dethrone him. Chael really was game on that night --- well right up till the end.

200_d.gif

At the moment I'll go when he won the belt over Franklin whom I was a pretty big fan of at the time. It was a pretty "Holy Shit" moment for me.

At the moment I'll go when he won the belt over Franklin whom I was a pretty big fan of at the time. It was a pretty "Holy Shit" moment for me.
It was impressive. That said, the treatment Leben received absolutely desensitized me to Franklin's ultimate defeat.

For me at least, Leben's total and undeniable deconstruction was more shocking - especially considering how iron-chinned he was widely, and fairly, considered.

It was impressive. That said, the treatment Leben received absolutely desensitized me to Franklin's ultimate defeat.

For me at least, Leben's total and undeniable deconstruction was more shocking - especially considering how iron-chinned he was widely, and fairly, considered.

It's without a doubt a good pick.

<RomeroSalute>

Vitor.....it was the first fight my girlfriend watched and I told her Vitor would probably win. Boy did I eat shoe.

Back