Favorite active TUF alumni?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'll admit I stopped watching TUF after season 16 (the "let me bang, bro" season). But one of the most satisfying things about the show is discovering fighters that were complete rookies and watching them grow over the years and develop their games.

Of those that are still active in the UFC, I like:

Tony Ferguson (he has really grown as an mma fighter)
Al Iaquinta (so soooo green, but now a tough match up for anyone!)
TJ Dillashizzle (from TUF newb to champion!)
Matt Mitrione (he has kind of leveled off now, but there was huge noticeable improvements in his game in the beginning)

Who do you like that you first started watching on TUF and have seen them develop their game and grow as a fighter?

Yeah it's been a trip watching the guys from TUF 1, Diego is the last one I think. Dropping to FW at this point in his career.......straight batshit crazy lol.

I've only watched a few seasons of TUF, but I saw the GSP/Koscheck season, and I thought Michael Johnson had a lot of potential. It's been nice to watch his development.

TJ, I am rooting for Pena too.

I still love Joe Lauzon.
Don't know how many fights he has left.
He was never a great athlete, but he is a true MMA master.

Used to love the old crop of season 1-5 but now I keep an eye out for Ferguson, TJ, Dodson, Johnson, Brown and Holloway

Always liked Rashad. And Mitrione.

Diego Sanchez, the first crowned Ultimate Fighter is the only cast member of that entire season that's still active.

And 10 years later, he brings it in each and every fight he's in.

Matt Brown. Really like Dillashaw, Iaquinta, and Michael Johnson though. Wiman to round out the Top-5 if he is still considered active, and I'd say those are the only active TUF fighters I like.

Tony Ferguson for me. The only guy who made TUF 13 worth watching. I remember when people turned on him cuz of that "Whose your daddy?!" or whatever drunken fiasco he went on.

Tony "Where's your kid at?" Ferguson, Al "Boo me, fuck you!" Iaquinta, Kelvin "Kelvinweight" Gastelum, Yair "Flying shit" Rodriguez.

Tony Ferguson for me. The only guy who made TUF 13 worth watching. I remember when people turned on him cuz of that "Whose your daddy?!" or whatever drunken fiasco he went on.
It was "Where's your kid at?"

Tony "Where's your kid at?" Ferguson, Al "Boo me, fuck you!" Iaquinta, Kelvin "Kelvinweight" Gastelum, Yair "Flying shit" Rodriguez.

Oh shit yeah I never saw Rodriguez' TUF season but I loved his fight against Rosa, I'll be following him from here on out

Diego Sanchez, the first crowned Ultimate Fighter is the only cast member of that entire season that's still active.

And 10 years later, he brings it in each and every fight he's in.
Diego will be winning split-decisions in the retirement home, he'll never get out of the game.

Joe Lauzon and Nate Diaz. Coincedentally, that is a fight I would love to see.

Back