favorite 90's video game tracks

Metal Slug 3 - Midnight Wandering

EriZombie.gif

Fatal Fury Special - Tung Fu Rue (Arcade and SNES)

Twisted Metal - Cyburb Hunt

Snatcher - Follow Up The Scent comparison vid. PC-Engine and Sega CD. The Saturn and PS1 versions are meh.

Mortal Kombat 4 - Eldest Gods (the only good thing about the game that was removed in later revisions)

U wot mate?

Need For Speed High Stakes. One of the very influential soundtracks in my life, got me hooked on techno amongst other things like the Prodigy and The Crystal Method. I guess you could say to a lesser extent NFS III: Hot Pursuit did too but HS was just top. It's aged incredibly well too. And it wasn't really licensed. Rom Di Prisco created these tracks specifically for the game. Before EA went with licensed BS soundtracks like the Underground series.

Was heard in Mass Effect 2 years later... At a certain Night club in Omega.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Metroid had some great darker tracks

One of the best boss battle themes..

The unofficial theme of SoM

Last edited:
Samurai Shodown(Arcade) - Charlotte Colde theme

Samurai Shodown(Arcade) - Earthquake theme

Samurai Shodown(Arcade) - Kyoshiro theme

Last edited:

Post your favorite game tracks from the 90's. Here's two from one of my favorite games.
Use spoilers.

Killer Instinct - Cinder Theme

Killer Instinct - Chief Thunder

When I saw the thread title, Trailblazer was the first song that came to mind (the Killer Cuts CD that came with the SNES KI was literally my first CD ever). Been fiddling around with the new KI and I'm really digging the Cinder theme remake; especially the fact that they kept, and expanded upon, the little solo riff.

When I saw the thread title, Trailblazer was the first song that came to mind (the Killer Cuts CD that came with the SNES KI was literally my first CD ever). Been fiddling around with the new KI and I'm really digging the Cinder theme remake; especially the fact that they kept, and expanded upon, the little solo riff.

That's awesome. I like that they kept the near death part of the song, and towards the end it sounds like early Slayer.

The 32bit versions aren't THAT bad this time.

Chrono Cross could have its own thread. Very end of the 90s.

Contra 3 The Alien Wars (snes) - Stage 5

Super Bonk (snes) - Twilight Space

Castlevania Legacy of Darkness (N64) - Tower of Sorcery

Last edited:
Diddy Kong's Quest - Jib Jig

Snowboard Kids 2 - Turtle Island

Snowboard Kids 2 - Linda's Castle

Last edited:

1989, close enough

Last edited:
Back