• Interview with a Vampire

• I Know What You Did Last Summer

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scream_movie_poster.jpg

Wes Craven re-invented and revitalised the slasher-horror genre with this modern horror classic, which manages to be funny, clever and scary, as a fright-masked knife maniac stalks high-school students in middle-class suburbia. Craven is happy to provide both tension and self-parody as the body count mounts - but the victims aren't always the ones you'd expect.

Event Horizon for me. Scared the living fuck out of me the first time I saw it, and it's still pretty unsettling watching it nowadays as an adult. The SFX can look raggy in places these days but for the most part they still hold up and can look pretty spectacular. Was the movie that really put me off Hell

I voted Scream but tough one as Ringu was just as significant and influential imo.

From that list Event Horizon.

Crazy that it's based on a true story.

Scream or Even Horizon

Scream was a game changer in the horror genre. Maybe the best horror movie intro of all time

Event Horizon scared the shit out of me when I saw it in the theater. Thought it was going to be about some type of 'Alien' rip off. It was a full on horror movie

Interview with the Vampire is amazing. Coppola’s Dracula is really amazing too. Despite some wonkiness including a classic Keanu performance, it’s really great. Actually a pretty faithful adaptation too.

Interview With Mandela Vampire and Army Of Darkness are my favorite movies from that list, but they ain’t horror movies.

Voted for Event Horizon because that shit is terrifying, & underrated in the genre.

Reactions: Zer
Interview With Mandela Vampire and Army Of Darkness are my favorite movies from that list, but they ain’t horror movies.

Voted for Event Horizon because that shit is terrifying, & underrated in the genre.

Interview with the Vampire
R
1994 ‧ Horror/Romance ‧ 2h 3m

Army of Darkness
R
1992 ‧ Horror/Fantasy ‧ 1h 36m

I usually just go by what the genre says on imdb

The first time I saw Event Horizon I was tripping on mushrooms and I laughed my ass off throughout the whole thing. Movie still cracks me up.

Not that any of these movies are scary... I voted for maybe the least scary: Army of Darkness.

Scream_movie_poster.jpg

Wes Craven re-invented and revitalised the slasher-horror genre with this modern horror classic, which manages to be funny, clever and scary, as a fright-masked knife maniac stalks high-school students in middle-class suburbia. Craven is happy to provide both tension and self-parody as the body count mounts - but the victims aren't always the ones you'd expect.

1. Misery
2. Termors

I didn't put Army of Darkness in contention because it's really horror satire to me.

Back