Favorable matchups at featherweight...

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Let me start by saying i am a huge Aldo fan and my posts reflect that. I am constantly defending him and supporting him.

But looking as his title defenses in the UFC, it occurred to me. I had been favoring him in a super fight against Pettis (will probably never happen) yet Aldo hasn't fought any killer strikers in the UFC.

If you think of his opponents, like Lamas, TKZ, Florian, those guys are fish out of water. Edgar and Homonick have been the best strikers yet Homonick has struggled severely against other strikers. Edgar himself is very great but isn't exactly a killer. Mendes was good but nothing like he is today. I think the Mendes rematch will be his toughest test to date.

So all this made me wonder, how would Aldo do moving up against the strikers at LW? There are many guys like Cowboy, Pettis, Diaz, Thomson, even Barboza, who you could say have better skills to threaten him than any of his past opponent in the UFC. Do you agree or disagree? Are there not as many high level strikers at FW?

Aggressive strikers with good defense will give him issues if he does not start going in for finishes.

Back