Fave Weight Class and Why?

HW - Cause someone's getting KTFO out.....................most likely.

EDIT: Just Bleed

Featherweight because of Aldo,KZ and Cub Swanson. Bantamweight is second and Lightweight third.

MW and LHW. There is more variation in skill with WW and below being mostly wrestlers(all champs but Aldo almost always win by dec) and HWs often lacking speed and endurance and can get sloppy at times.

LW as stated

Insanely talented:
Bendo
Pettis
Maynard
Diaz
Melendez
Cerrone
Lauzon
Varner
Alvarez

Flawed but entertaining:
Guillard
Barboza
Gomi
Pearson
Noons
Johnson
Tibau

and my hanging by a thread hope the Dark Horse return of BJ Penn

Welterweight - has the most talent IMO and pretty much the entire top 10 could beat each other.

Heavies are always fun to watch too.

LW as stated

Insanely talented:
Bendo
Pettis
Maynard
Diaz
Melendez
Cerrone
Lauzon
Varner
Alvarez

Flawed but entertaining:
Guillard
Barboza
Gomi
Pearson
Noons
Johnson
Tibau

and my hanging by a thread hope the Dark Horse return of BJ Penn

I agree and would add Rafael dos Anjos and Sanchez

Lightweights and welterweights have the most exciting fights to me, and I think the divisions are stacked with the most talent.

And heavies don't cut weight.

Yes they do. You're just wrong about that.

Weightcutting has essentially finally taken its toll for me in the mens divisoins. I just research who has the better cutting regimine. At the top-10 level, that's who wins most of the time.

You are wrong to the point of being stupid.

Last edited:
This thread is pointless. I have favorite fighters, not favorite weight classes.
Pick your favorite weight class, and then imagine two boring fighters doing nothing to a decision. There is your favorite weight class.
Thread fails.

WW is the most intriguing. In my opinion, despite GSP being the long-time champ, it is the most stacked division and most of the fights are between guys who could be in title contention.

Just look at the roster:

GSP
Fitch
Kos
Alves
Kampmann
Diaz
Condit
Rory
Eric Silva
Maia
Ellenberger
BJ
Pierce

... and these are just the elites. You also have a great second tier of fighters like Ebersole, Paulo Thiago, Hardy, Story, Hieron, Siyar, etc.

Now with the end of Strikeforce you also have Marquardt, Saffiedine, and Woodley.

Crazy deep division.

Yes they do. You're just wrong about that.

You are wrong to the point of being stupid.

This is all I could picture with your post

wrestling_she_mad.gif

Heavies over maybe 280 would have to "cut" but they're not cutting in the way FLW-LHW do. Don't be a dick, be a dude.

I love the men's Featherweight division. There are so many talented guys, and more keep popping every event. It's only getting it's 2nd PPV main event on UFC, but it will eventually get as popular as LW.

My favorite has to be the top three heaviest weight classes. Why? Heavyweights are always exciting. But then, I tend to know more of the fighters in the light heavyweight division and, I think, that makes it more enjoyable to watch. Of course in the middleweight division there is Anderson Silva, the reigning king, one of my favorite fighters of all time.

However, I sometimes feel that there are a lot of boring fight in the heavier divisions.

I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to the bottom three weight classes. But most of the time, the lighter classes tend to be much more exciting to watch because of the speed and their relentlessness.

Lightweights are very fun to watch. Because, I weigh about 170-175 and I can, in a weird way, kinda relate to the fighters. Of course, I cannot even say that I'll be half as good as them or even comparing their skill sets and achievements to mine.

I guess, if I had to pick one division that I don't like it would be welterweight division, but there are exciting fighters in that division and GSP is a very, very well-known dominant champion.

HW is always fun to watch.

But probably WW or LHW for me..

Back