fatty's decree: Win or I'll use your skull as a cereal bowl.

What are you guys talking about?

*is confused*

They're wondering what "current team goat" means, in the team stats section of the summer squat comp thread.

So far as I know, it means "team member with the worst progress." The opposite of "current team MVP."

I've read that actually, really interesting. But where did you first hear about it, was it in one of Keiths books?

Could I put the T3 in my P/P/S routine? using the T3 to emphasise the Squat?

and the dumbest question yet, what does T3 stand for?

It was in one of Keith's posts on S&P, not sure exactly when I first saw it. But it caught my attention when KW brought it up in a thread where someone was wondering how to break a plateau.

So far as I know, you can use T3 for any lift, though KW cautions against using it for too many lifts in your routine at one time, and says it would be tough to use for deadlifts.

I'm using T3 for squat and SOHP. So far, it's great.

T3 stands for "Timed Total Tonnage."

It was in one of Keith's posts on S&P, not sure exactly when I first saw it. But it caught my attention when KW brought it up in a thread where someone was wondering how to break a plateau.

So far as I know, you can use T3 for any lift, though KW cautions against using it for too many lifts in your routine at one time, and says it would be tough to use for deadlifts.

I'm using T3 for squat and SOHP. So far, it's great.

T3 stands for "Timed Total Tonnage."

Thanks again! Fat's random pickings have at least helped me out.

06/02/08

Lower:

Back Squat (low bar, Chucks, 13” box as touch-and-go depth gauge)

135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1… didn’t want to push it any farther, as I was squatting in the rack that doesn’t have safeties and 455 didn’t exactly feel light.
365 + 80# chains x 3
335 + 80# chains x 3
335 + 80# chains x 3
335 + 80# chains x 3

2-Up, 1-Down Hamstring Curl

120 x 10
160 x 6
160 x 6
160 x 6

Plyo Press

400 x 10
400 x 10
400 x 10
400 x 10

Didn't read the above post, but it's beautiful.

nice lifting fatty. I havent squatted in chucks , in forever.

If you go to the first page of the official squat competition thread, there are "stats" for the teams. And there is supposed to be a team mvp and a team goat....and i'm the only goat out of the teams.....

nice lifting fatty. I havent squatted in chucks , in forever.

Thanks. I rarely squat in Chucks anymore, but I forgot socks today and my oly shoes are really uncomfortable w/o socks. Thus, fronts were replaced w/ backs. The last two times I've squatted w/ Chucks, I've used chains and the session ended when it felt like I was about to pull a hamstring. Something about low bar chain squats w/ Chucks really strains my hams.

Lower
-Squat-
135 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 4
225 x 4
225 x 3

-Goodmornings-
BB x 5
65 x 5
95 x 5

*Felt really good today to get back in the gym and get stuff done. I could've done more assistance work today, but was pressed for time.

Squats felt really good. The form really feels natural to me now. Can't wait to get it on tape and show you guys, if only I had taped myself earlier to have something to compare to. I could've easily done 225 for 5x5 but I was talking to this guy who was doing Rippetoes program (first guy I've met in the gym who knows about him). So my rest periods were long and my legs kinda got cold before I did more sets. I should be getting my protein/creatine/BCAAs tomorrow or Wednesday, of which I'm excited about.

That's pretty brutal right there...

good job zop....missing reps means you're pushing yourself....

First real workout since the contest started.

Monday 6-2-08
Squat 235 x 5
Squat 235 x 5
Squat 235 x 4
Squat 255 x 1
Squat 255 x 2
Squat 255 x 2

Deadlift 225 x 5
Deadlift 315 x 5
Deadlift 405 x 1
Deadlift 405 x 1
Deadlift 315 x 1 (was truly spent)

BARBELL BACK SQUATS, PL STYLE

T3, Cycle 2, Day 1 -- the dreaded 5 x 10

Warm-up

Bare Oly bar (45 lbs.), 5 reps, 2 sets
95 lbs., 5 reps, 2 sets
135 lbs., 5 reps, 1 set

Working sets

165 lbs., 10 reps
155 lbs., 10 reps
145 lbs., 10 reps
135 lbs., 10 reps
135 lbs., 10 reps

Took 2-minute breaks between sets, timed 'em pretty accurately

Next time I need to bump the weight up 10 lbs.

Btw I'm also going to be on a weight gaining diet. I'm eating everything in my path. I hope to put on 10-15lbs over the course of this contest too.

Back