fatty's decree: Win or I'll use your skull as a cereal bowl.

Hi. My name is Josh. My current max is 275.

Um my goal is to squat 450 before the contest is over. I'm pretty sure I'll reach it. I'm going to squat tomorrow. I'll probably update here with every squat workout I do until the contest is over.

I've got a lot of incentive to do well, as I'm in 3 contests that involve the squat at the moment. Hopefully I can be MVP of our team.

edit: Lol at me more than likely falling 100 lbs short of my goal.

I hit 225 for 1 rep in March. I was doing the two-day split in the FAQ, and training for a triathlon the other 5 days per week at that time. I crapped out from the end of April on in terms of lifting. At that time (March) I think I got 5 reps at 185 a couple times, but not five sets in a row.

The stronglifts web site has pretty specific deloading instructions if I miss a workout, so I guess I'll just go for it. Maybe not doing 1 or 2 daily endurance/cardio sessions 5 days a week will help me get stronger faster?

I am bruttally close on 1 arm chins too....where are you on those Fatty?

Remember that workout like eight months ago when I did some band assisted one-arms and said I was going to make an effort towards working up to one?

Yeah, well, that was a lie... I haven't touched 'em since.

haha....that's pretty funny fatty...in all truth I do them maybe once a week for a couple sets plus another all out high rep 2 hand set.....this shit is making my gunzors hoooge...

josh that's pretty ambitious....your team already got zerocrew......so it's going to be tough outsquatting him...he can add like 100 lb overnight...i believe it's his super secret baconator diet...

I'm on the pinenut diet and hope to increase my squat by lots!!

I like where our team is going.

Zero is posting in dark pink, flak has got a pink av, and black is using the pink av skull.

by the way i am currently in shanghai and don't have access to a gym but should be able to resume squatting this friday or next monday!

I hit 225 for 1 rep in March. I was doing the two-day split in the FAQ, and training for a triathlon the other 5 days per week at that time. I crapped out from the end of April on in terms of lifting. At that time (March) I think I got 5 reps at 185 a couple times, but not five sets in a row.

The stronglifts web site has pretty specific deloading instructions if I miss a workout, so I guess I'll just go for it. Maybe not doing 1 or 2 daily endurance/cardio sessions 5 days a week will help me get stronger faster?

Okay, so you're not trying to claw your way back to a PR from years ago. I would think you could get back to 225 pretty quick.

I don't know enough about the scientific side of things to discuss this in depth, but my understanding is that doing a lot of endurance strength/cardio work can slow your maximal strength gains.

Lol.. well the way I look at it, my squat should be much closer to my deadlift than it is. I don't want to reach deadlift = squat by lowering my deadlift, so the only option is to squat more.

Back