Fathers with daughters and the losers who love them

In this day and age, I don't think the income thing matters much. So long as they're happy with the financial arrangement, it's none of my business.

But a loser would be someone incapable of adapting to the demands of a relationship. Can't support her emotionally or teach the kids the right way to live. The rest of it is up to whatever she finds important in her life partner.

But I have a son so this isn't really going to concern me.
No idea what you're babbling about. As far as I know you are not married and have zero kids.

I, on the other hand, am married with two kids, own my own home, my own cottage, my own vehicles, etc. and was raised to look after myself so that I am free to do and date or marry whoever the fuck I want, with the pretend merits created by society being a fart in the wind. While you are concerned about "earning capability" and "evening out finances" I will be teaching my children that the only end game to life is their own happiness, from the cradle to the grave. If one of my kids turned down the love of their life simply because they don't earn as much pretend money as they do or are under crippling debt I would consider myself a failure. I teach my kids to play the game, but to understand the game is not the point of life.
I thank you for your contribution but where did i get this idea that income should be equal ? From here . Whenever there is advice threads for men they should seek a woman with equal earning potential but girls we shouldnt judge a man for his income .

Double standard .

I thank you for your contribution but where did i get this idea that income should be equal ? From here . Whenever there is advice threads for men they should seek a woman with equal earning potential but girls we shouldnt judge a man for his income .

Double standard .

I didn't attribute anything to you. I said that to me income doesn't matter. It's a common point when discussing men and women's relationships.

I think you're overreacting.

Double standard .

Well you didn't get it from me, so everything I said still stands. And you'll notice, I said "kids". I said that because I teach my kids that their own happiness in life is up to them, no matter the gender. There is no double standard here. I want my kids to be able to create and choose their own happiness without having to "ask permission" or need my help or approval. I will never ask my kids to ditch someone they genuinely connect with because of some retardation about earning potential or some other nonsense that was literally invented by the group think of society. But, like I said, that is just me understanding what truly matters in your life and what you take with you when you're gone.

Well you didn't get it from me, so everything I said still stands. And you'll notice, I said "kids". I said that because I teach my kids that their own happiness in life is up to them, no matter the gender. There is no double standard here. I want my kids to be able to create and choose their own happiness without having to "ask permission" or need my help or approval. I will never ask my kids to ditch someone they genuinely connect with because of some retardation about earning potential or some other nonsense that was literally invented by the group think of society. But, like I said, that is just me understanding what truly matters in your life and what you take with you when you're gone.

This is a good post. TS sounds like she's going to live a trite, banal, meaningless existence questing after status and material possessions and most likely end up with a husband that cheats on her every chance he gets.

Oh snap now im the loser ! (~ , ~)

Well I wouldn't say you're a loser, but I wouldn't want my kids who are raised differently marrying someone raised like that. Here in the states it's normal for adults to move out and if they want to live in with their partner without drama from the parents.

This is a good post. TS sounds like she's going to live a trite, banal, meaningless existence questing after status and material possessions and most likely end up with a husband that cheats on her every chance he gets.
Poor people dont cheat though ?

But im kind of sad how sour you are being because i want some one with similar income . Of course i must be a status seeking gold digger .

Well I wouldn't say you're a loser, but I wouldn't want my kids who are raised differently marrying someone raised like that. Here in the states it's normal for adults to move out and if they want to live in with their partner without drama from the parents.
When you said control i thought you meant like obeying your parents . I wasnt talking about living at home .

Hey wait I don't know how to use my washing machine (only because I've never tried) and I believe I'm a good husband and father. I'm just glad I have 2 boys and one on the way because I have seen my friends dealing with there daughters and it looks hard.

As a father I want my daughter to use her earning potential on a rich man before she is 30. As women have little value post 30 she needs to lock up that money early
So you want her to be a whore,that's some achievement right there.

First thread that isnt about hypothetical sluttiness . n.n

As men and as fathers i think you are the most capable group to voice your opinion . At what point is a man really a loser ? Women tend to throw this designation around mericilessly when they dont like someone for even the smallest reason such as being short fat ugly unpopular poor . But what would really upset you in the choices your daughter makes in men barring the most obvious drug user violent or criminal ? At what point should a mans earning capacity social skills decision making ability and personally really be a problem or very undesirable in your opinion ?

Im kind of expecting the standard " as long as he treats her well " but what if he doesn't able to keep a job ? Do you really want to bar to aim so low as only his being nice to her is enough for your little girl ? Should men have accomplished certain goals by certain ages ? What if hes nice but hes 30 and has no savings no house no car ? Surely being nice to her is not really enough if we are being truthful .

No daughter here.

Male loser is usually throw @ guy who got it in but won't buy her the ring. The cycle continued realest in homes with banished father syndrome.

Dudes just need to lead by example and picking a good woman to be mom is a great start.

apparently he cheated on her and she feels trapped. I told her to just break it off and deal with the consequences as her family sounds worthless. she didn't take my advice and is miserable, can't say you weren't told.

Stop listening to women and their problems.

Well once her looks go and she has acquired monetary safety she is free to better herself with school or a career.

Back