Father of Berlin victim: Many thanks Mrs Merkel! I hope nobody votes for your ever again!

you are underestimating the german restrained care about political choices.
she'll win.

Oh I have no doubt, the alternative is the hard left parties, so pick your poison Germany.

It'd be impossible for AfD to win.

If I was that father I would get my hands on a gun, and shoot as many muslims as I could, specially if they were atending any polemic mosque or wearing pijamas or long beards.... I know, I sound islamophobic, I am, and I dont give a fuck.....

Oh I have no doubt, the alternative is the hard left parties, so pick your poison Germany.

It'd be impossible for AfD to win.
Perhaps they should do an "accelerationist" method. Vote to bring in 10 million more Muslims so the slaughters continue and the people form a coup and overthrow their government.

I know a lot of people that voted for Hillary for that reason.

I think it's weird how the far right and the Islamists have aligned interests here. Think about it: The more polarized politics and societies get and the more Muslims become the target of policies against them (in reality or in their perception), the more the narratives of the extremes will gain traction (white genocide vs. Muslim victim narratives) and the more support terrorists will get.

I don't have an actual solution though because doing nothing also is not an option. Not just because there is clear evidence there's a lot that must happen but also because terrorists can and likely will escalate further to get the polarization they need.

I am not a fan of the 'don't let Muslims in' rhetoric because it does not provide guidance how to deal with the Muslim population that is already there and has been for decades. But of course - if you don't have a large Muslim population and radicals that come with it, you may not have to subject your population to the grossly illiberal anti-terror policies we've seen become the new normal in the last 15 years.
Freedom of speech and speaking the truth are the only gateways to a peaceful solution. We need to stop denying facts.

If I was that father I would get my hands on a gun, and shoot as many muslims as I could, specially if they were atending any polemic mosque or wearing pijamas or long beards.... I know, I sound islamophobic, I am, and I dont give a fuck.....
Personally, I'd take it to the source of the problem if it happened to my family.

The "far right" is a predictable consequence of atrocious killings and a bad immigration policy. People are reacting, it's not that they have "aligned interests".

Not pointing fingers here. It's just a fact. Both the far right and ISIS want a clear anti-Muslim policy. Of course the reasons are completely different.

Not pointing fingers here. It's just a fact. Both the far right and ISIS want a clear anti-Muslim policy. Of course the reasons are completely different.
ISIS also wants to slaughter Al Qaeda.

They probably like to eat good food and spend time women attractive women as well. Damn at all the aligned interests.

Edit: I'd like to add, you'll get an anti-Muslim policy eventually either way. The terrorism is never going to stop, people will eventually get fed up with it. The question is, how many people do you lose in the intermediate or do you push it to such an extreme you lose Germany forever?

lol you're grasping at straws. The far right and Islamic theology are not compatible. Neither is progressivism for that matter, but the left are useful idiots for the Muslim hardliners to exploit.

ISIS also wants to slaughter Al Qaeda.

They probably like to eat good food and spend time women attractive women as well. Damn at all the aligned interests.

Again, I am not saying 'don't do anything, that'll show them!!1!'

ISIS is playing our politics by escalating tensions. We can either subscribe to the narrative 'us vs all Muslims'. We are gonna lose that one. Or we can try to make the non-radicals our allies. That also is an uphill battle, but it is the best shot we have.

The only context in which I want to read the words, "pounding" and "Merkle".:eek::)

Seriously, it's a damn shame Germans have to learn the hard way the dangers posed by uncontrolled immigration.

you are underestimating the german restrained care about political choices.
she'll win.

It has already been discussed a couple of times in this sub-forum.
Merkel is the leader of a conservative party and Europeans often have weird political systems with a dozen of parties who can form coalitions after the election.
Long story short: Either Merkel wins and forms a government with a big leftist party or Merkel loses and 3 leftist parties form a coalition, which is even worse.

The ~20% of votes for a far-right party (AFD) will basically be pointless.

Similar situation in France btw

This father is just an Islamophobic racist.

Here, here.

I say deport the islamaphobes, they're holding us back from being truly progressive.

I want more men named Anus with great truck driving skills in my country, and less nasty islamaphobes.

Again, I am not saying 'don't do anything, that'll show them!!1!'

ISIS is playing our politics by escalating tensions. We can either subscribe to the narrative 'us vs all Muslims'. We are gonna lose that one. Or we can try to make the non-radicals our allies. That also is an uphill battle, but it is the best shot we have.
I added to the post with an edit.

But you guys aren't "not doing anything", you're doing worse than that. You're bringing more in.

And really, you should hit the Pew polls to see what these "moderates" believe. The radicals are the ones that slaughter you and they are a rarity for sure. The moderates are the ones that cheer and smile at your being slaughtered. There exist progressives that can integrate, but the evidence tends to point to them being around 1/2 of the Muslims in Europe.

I really don't think befriending the moderates is the way to go.

Merkel is the leader of a conservative party and Europeans often have weird political systems with a dozen of parties who can form coalitions after the election.
Long story short: Either Merkel wins and forms a government with a big leftist party or Merkel loses and 3 leftist parties form a coalition, which is even worse.

This is true, but a sizeable part of the AfD vote is part of the original voter base of Merkel's party. In fact a coalition with the CDU is inconceivable though, Merkel or not, because the AfD is also anti-EU and anti-Euro.

Here, here.

I say deport the islamaphobes, they're holding us back from being truly progressive.

I want more men named Anus with great truck driving skills in my country, and less nasty islamaphobes.
The "Islamophobes" should just leave. It's clear they aren't welcome in their homeland. Muslims kill them, progressives get mad and protest anyone that doesn't like their people being killed. There is probably a better place for those people to live.

Similar situation in France btw

Portugal did the same thing.

Yeah, Merkel is directly responsible (arguably through ignorance rather than malice, but at this point since it has happened over and over it is debatable unless she is absolutely insane) for their deaths. She will be responsible for more.

It's not like no one predicted these things. We knew what would happen. What she is essentially saying is "a few of your lives are less important than the welfare of these refugees". But the attacks are going to become more and more frequent.

She doesn't give a fuck about her people.
Somewhat true but it is malice not ignorance, those high politicians cannot be fools. They deeply hate "their" people.

Can't blame the father. Merkle is a vile progressive who has committed treason against her own country.

Ppl. forget or dont seem to understand but most of the german population was in favor of this.
Merkel did nothing but ride the populist wave.

Back