Father of Berlin victim: Many thanks Mrs Merkel! I hope nobody votes for your ever again!

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
Some far-left weirdos, especially in Europe, currently claim to speak for the victims of Anis Amri's Christmas gift in form of a terrorist attack when they talk about how the response has to be more tolerance and how it's immoral to 'exploit' the 'incident' with 'right-wing propaganda'. You find similar reactions on America's far-left after cultural enrichment incidents as well. Actually, German law enforcement agencies seem to investigate politicians who publicly said that this attack is also Merkel's fault.

Seems like the father of one of the victims agrees with people who think German chancellor Merkel is guilty of not protecting her citizens. In an interview, he spoke out against her:
"Many thanks Mrs. Merkel, as long as I live, I will never ever vote for you again, and I hope all of my friends and my family do the same!"

Danish article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2016-1...ngsstedet-tak-fru-merkel-vores-soen-er-i-koma

So could liberals please stop to claim the moral high ground whenever conservatives push for more sane migration policies and call it 'exploiting' and 'standing on the grave' of victims if the victims' families tend to agree? Not that it's a big problem here but I thought it was interesting to actually hear from victims or their families instead of assuming what they think or want etc

This father is just an Islamophobic racist.

You cannot sweep these "unfortunate byproducts" under the carpet anymore.

The whole idea that people shouldn't use these crimes for "political purposes" is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Of course you should, and must, if you believe that your policy can prevent such things from happening. I would say that the anti-immigrant parties have a pretty strong case in that regard.

I suppose that's what the Japanese Emperor was telling people when they dropped a nuke in Hiroshima. "Don't draw any political implications from this and disrespect the memory of the victims in order to potentially over-throw my sorry ass." That's not a very sound defense as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Anymore attacks like this and Merkel is gonna take a pounding next year.

401423.jpg

Yeah, Merkel is directly responsible (arguably through ignorance rather than malice, but at this point since it has happened over and over it is debatable unless she is absolutely insane) for their deaths. She will be responsible for more.

It's not like no one predicted these things. We knew what would happen. What she is essentially saying is "a few of your lives are less important than the welfare of these refugees". But the attacks are going to become more and more frequent.

She doesn't give a fuck about her people.

Nothing wrong with being that from his position
Islamophobia implies irrational fear. Fearing the psychopaths is the only rational thing you can do. You are playing with fire if you don't fear them, ask that girl that was raped and drowned a couple weeks ago.

Damn right before Christmas too. Oh well, hope her family collects a bunch of money for refugees :mad:

I think it's weird how the far right and the Islamists have aligned interests here. Think about it: The more polarized politics and societies get and the more Muslims become the target of policies against them (in reality or in their perception), the more the narratives of the extremes will gain traction (white genocide vs. Muslim victim narratives) and the more support terrorists will get.

I don't have an actual solution though because doing nothing also is not an option. Not just because there is clear evidence there's a lot that must happen but also because terrorists can and likely will escalate further to get the polarization they need.

I am not a fan of the 'don't let Muslims in' rhetoric because it does not provide guidance how to deal with the Muslim population that is already there and has been for decades. But of course - if you don't have a large Muslim population and radicals that come with it, you may not have to subject your population to the grossly illiberal anti-terror policies we've seen become the new normal in the last 15 years.

I think it's weird how the far right and the Islamists have aligned interests here. .
What you're describing is neither weird nor 'aligned interests'.
It's actually 'opposite interests within the same conflict'.
The point is that Islamists have declared war on Western culture.
Ring-Wingers are the only people who accept and understand that and try to win this war.
Leftists think the war doesn't exist if they deny it.

Can't blame the father. Merkle is a vile progressive who has committed treason against her own country.

Anymore attacks like this and Merkel is gonna take a pounding next year.

The only context in which I want to read the words, "pounding" and "Merkle".:eek::)

Seriously, it's a damn shame Germans have to learn the hard way the dangers posed by uncontrolled immigration.

What you're describing is neither weird nor 'aligned interests'.
It's actually 'opposite interests within the same conflict'.
The point is that Islamists have declared war on Western culture.
Ring-Wingers are the only people who accept and understand that and try to win this war.
Leftists think the war doesn't exist if they deny it.

There is a clear dialectic element here though. The number of those waging war on the other side is quite small. There is a huge number of Muslims that appears indifferent. They may join the jihad, or they may choose to side with civilization, but it's not a given yet. It is why the war rhetoric is pretty dangerous. I absolutely agree that we are at war with radical Islam, but I do not agree we are at war with all Muslims.

I think it's weird how the far right and the Islamists have aligned interests here. Think about it: The more polarized politics and societies get and the more Muslims become the target of policies against them (in reality or in their perception), the more the narratives of the extremes will gain traction (white genocide vs. Muslim victim narratives) and the more support terrorists will get.

I don't have an actual solution though because doing nothing also is not an option. Not just because there is clear evidence there's a lot that must happen but also because terrorists can and likely will escalate further to get the polarization they need.

I am not a fan of the 'don't let Muslims in' rhetoric because it does not provide guidance how to deal with the Muslim population that is already there and has been for decades. But of course - if you don't have a large Muslim population and radicals that come with it, you may not have to subject your population to the grossly illiberal anti-terror policies we've seen become the new normal in the last 15 years.
The "far right" is a predictable consequence of atrocious killings and a bad immigration policy. People are reacting, it's not that they have "aligned interests".

Back