Father: "Khabib was ready to fight McGregor but UFC wanted Diaz"

No one is protecting Conor

1. Diaz sold himself the best
2. The glass man is booked to fight Ferguson.
3. Why would the UFC save one card and in the process fuck up another card when there is no need to do so?
4. Why would the UFC risk one of their biggest cards and put the glass man as a headliner?

Edgar was the first guy they offered the fight to.
"At all costs", right?
Edgar wasn't medically cleared because of his pulled groin.

Wonderboy, Khabib and Edgar are the three fighters i see them keeping Conor away from at all costs

We've already seen them keep him away from Edgar at all costs. At this point it feels like they've been trolling Edgar for years.

So let me get this straight. Khabib wasnt ready to fight Ferguson on March 5th...but he is ready to fight Conor?

Khabib doesn't deserve to main event a pay-per-view after not fighting for two years, nor does he have the profile necessary to do so. I'll be glad when Ferguson beats Khabib and the Conor haters move on to their next obsession.

Habib is a shit draw.

No one cares about him save Russians.

It has absolutely fuck-all to do with "protecting Conor."
It doesn't matter. These dorks despise Conor so literally any chance they get, they'll spin things to fit their narrative. I mean they literally gave him Chad Mendes on 2 weeks notice. You can't fix stupid.

Habib is a shit draw.

No one cares about him save Russians.

It has absolutely fuck-all to do with "protecting Conor."

I thought Conor was the big draw? Who cares who he fights he's bringing the numbers by himself right?

UFC protecting their little lap dog McGregor.

McGregor ducking again.

I thought Conor was the big draw? Who cares who he fights he's bringing the numbers by himself right?

Are you serious? Conor is the draw, but the better the opponent, the better the buy rate.

1027vr.jpg

Edgar wasn't medically cleared because of his pulled groin.
And?...

That info came out after the UFC offered him the fight, fact remains they offered Edgar the fight which is not something you'd do if you are trying to avoid matching him up with Conor.

No one is protecting Conor

1. Diaz sold himself the best
2. The glass man is booked to fight Ferguson.
3. Why would the UFC save one card and in the process fuck up another card when there is no need to do so?
4. Why would the UFC risk one of their biggest cards and put the glass man as a headliner?

Edgar was the first guy they offered the fight to.
"At all costs", right?

/thread

Don't use logic when talking to Shertards. They don't understand it.

Until it happens why are we entertaining the thought?

He will get his chance...if he keeps winning.

I know many want Conor to lose and will criticize the UFC for not putting Khabib in the fight. But Khabib has a fight lined up with Tony that has been given to and is being promoted by Fox as the main event. A fight like that cant just be switched. Of course the UFC could but its a risky scenario having KHabib fight at WW. If he loses and gets KOd, there goes the main event with Tony, he loses by decision he looks bad and there is always the chance of injury.

If I were Conor I wouldn't want to fight Khabib either.

For his part, Conor asked for the biggest challenge available - the champion in RDA who was beating everyone up. You can't run through Diaz, Benson, Pettis and Cerrone consecutively without being called the best. Conor booked a fight with the best.

Khabib, Ferguson and Alvarez are all more difficult fights than Diaz. All three are also on meaningful win streaks and more deserving.

This is a holding fight though. A short notice replacement. The plan wasn't 'who is the second biggest challenge' the plan was to book a money fight since the title bout fell apart.

Conor will eventually have to fight all of them if he sticks around, so its really a moot point.

Probably cus the UFC knew that Khabib is a nightmare matchup for Conor. I think Nate is an easier fight for Conor than Aldo or Mendes. Nate is hittable as fuck and just plays right into Conor's counter punching game.

Off topic but Crack the Skye is still one of my top played records, top notch prog rock when Hinds/Kelliher were both at their creative peak.

Khabib is vastly inferior Conor in the stand up department.

But his striking is probably better than Conor's grappling...

It could just be the worst match up for Conor in his weight range.

A Conor loss to Khabib could mean a potential loss of hundreds of millions of dollars for the ufc? Maybe I'm wrong, but it would be a lot.

Khabib's marketability compared to Conor is dismal, from a business perspective it's easy to understand why they didn't make that fight, especially at this stage, I wouldn't have if I was a business man..

Nawh, Dana was right on this one.

Khabib is a glass cannon.

Back