Father: "Khabib was ready to fight McGregor but UFC wanted Diaz"

Oh yeah you scared lol

ufc-165-maincard1-post-fight-intv-pic.jpg

"If Conor fights me, I SMASH HIM... 4 minutes no problem"

- Kenny Florian

If you want the Khabib fight on short notice, I hope you're giving McGregor full credit for his Mendes win.

everyone but the most delusional conor nuthugger knows Khabib would smash him. But why let some boring russian wrassler shit all over your cash machine

Smash?No. Lie on him for 5 rounds, yeah ok.

Habib is a shit draw.

No one cares about him save Russians.

It has absolutely fuck-all to do with "protecting Conor."

Do russians root for dagestani athletes as if they were their own. My guess would be no.

Yeah, let's pick the guy that has been injured for years and keeps pulling out of fights as a replacement in the biggest fight of the year. Not to mention, the guy with the most boring style in the UFC yet somehow has fans.

Khabib is an amazing wrestler but he's this eras Jon Fitch. I don't get it.

Khabib is the match-up that I wanted to see after RDA had to pull out due to his broken foot. Bring him on. He gets wild and really sloppy to the point of reckless abandon leaping in to close the gap so he can work his grappling. Conor wouldn't have any of that. Khabib hasn't fought in forever though and many of you act like you know he'll be the same after ACL repair. Like that hasn't seriously affected other heavy grappling-based fighters before (GSP, Kid Yamamoto etc). They never looked the same after tearing their ACLs.

Khabib was booked to fight Ferguson on FOX and simply has been inactive for too long due to injury. The UFC would also be risking him getting injured again and potentially having to pull out before the fight. Nate is healthy, in good shape from what the photos show and is ready to go. It's an easier fight to sell and a "fun" match-up that gets fans excited. It was a no-brainer for Nate to step in after RDA couldn't fight.

The UFC doesn't want to see Khabib fight McGregor. That much is obvious. However, that's on them. McGregor will fight him because he'll fight anybody. He isn't scared of Khabib and he wasn't scared of Mendes (a decorated wrestler with huge power in both hands, great athleticism and an excellent blast double leg takedown) stepping up on short notice either. Khabib is great but he isn't the boogeyman. That fight will likely happen once Khabib gets back into fighting again and racks up a win or two, especially if he captures the LW title.

why would the UFC want Conor to fight Khabib on short notice??

He fought Chad Mendes on short notice. McGregor will legit fight anyone; his fighting spirit is not part of his persona. The UFC is not protecting Conor, the Mendes fight is proof of that. Khabib has been out for a long time, and Diaz always comes to fight. It's easy to see why they wanted this match up.

Yeah, let's pick the guy that has been injured for years and keeps pulling out of fights as a replacement in the biggest fight of the year. Not to mention, the guy with the most boring style in the UFC yet somehow has fans.

Khabib is an amazing wrestler but he's this eras Jon Fitch. I don't get it.

They like his cool hat/wig and that he wrestles bear cubs.

I think the UFC considers risk/reward.

Conor fighting Nate is relatively low risk, even at WW, but high reward. Khabib is high risk - he does have a style that would trouble Conor - but for zero reward. Khabib is not popular, fights infrequently, has missed weight, pulls out of fights....there is literally zero upside to Conor/Khabib.

Some people act as though the UFC should be giving each guy their toughest opponent style-wise every fight but that isn't how it works. The UFC is a fight promotion. Sometimes that does mean a bad style matchup is made, like when Weidman earned the right to face Anderson. Other times fighters only get 'favourable' matchups. Usually angsty anti-fans only decide a matchup is 'favourable' in retrospect, Mendes was meant to be Conor's kryptonite, Aldo had too many ways to win....

The UFC is not protecting Conor, they are protecting an investment in a situation where Conor may not have fought at all when his opponent was unfortunately forced to withdraw shortly before a fight.

So true. Promotion first and foremost, but most here stuck in ps4 thinking.

why would they put Khabib in when he never actually fights?. I am also 100% sure he will pull out of the Ferguson fight. I'm bored of his talk, he never actually fights. he has fought average guys in UFC, except for RDA, and to be honest he got beat by Tibau, I dont care if the judges gave him the decision, if you actually watch that fight Tibau won 29-28

"nate diaz isn't a needle mover"

Impending contract negotiations and fighters going to other promotions make dana say some funny shit.

"Fedor sucks"

"Fedor is top 5 lb for lb"

"Benson Henderson isn't even top 15 anymore"

"We pay all of our fighters back room bonuses that make up for the 80%+ revenue split the execs take"

The diaz brothers have a very similar fighting style that the fans really enjoy. They both are draws though nick is the bigger draw....

No one is protecting Conor

1. Diaz sold himself the best
2. The glass man is booked to fight Ferguson.
3. Why would the UFC save one card and in the process fuck up another card when there is no need to do so?
4. Why would the UFC risk one of their biggest cards and put the glass man as a headliner?

Edgar was the first guy they offered the fight to.
"At all costs", right?
Edgar was one of the guys they offered the fight to but that doesn't mean he would have gotten it. They offered it to him at 189 too and he said he was in shape but they gave it to Mendes

Wonderboy ??

I have to agree with the guy. Wonderboys striking style is a nightmare matchup for anyone at 170.....he might be the most underrated guy in the division.

Conor is the draw. He calls the shots, not you, Kabob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back