Father: "Khabib was ready to fight McGregor but UFC wanted Diaz"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...s-ready-to-fight-mcgregor-but-ufc-wanted-diaz

Probably cus the UFC knew that Khabib is a nightmare matchup for Conor. I think Nate is an easier fight for Conor than Aldo or Mendes. Nate is hittable as fuck and just plays right into Conor's counter punching game.

Its funny how he is ready now but couldnt fight on the card as it was to early for his return fight and he needed to fight in april or later its funny how no ones remembers.Also the dude hasnt fought in 2 years and has 0 name.The diaz fight is the smart fight biggest name availble and best most fun matchup

Khabib was offered Ferguson for March 5th and he said that was too early, do you really think the UFC would trust Khabib of all people to hold a card together when he said he wasn't ready when there wasn't a huge payday involved?

Every poll on social media had fans wanting Diaz more than any other replacement.

No one is protecting Conor

1. Diaz sold himself the best
2. The glass man is booked to fight Ferguson.
3. Why would the UFC save one card and in the process fuck up another card when there is no need to do so?
4. Why would the UFC risk one of their biggest cards by putting the glass man as a headliner?
Wonderboy, Khabib and Edgar are the three fighters i see them keeping Conor away from at all costs

Edgar was the first guy they offered the fight to.
"At all costs", right?

Last edited:
khabib (think he's one of the best wrestlers out there, big fan) i think beats him no problem, but ufc is probably more scared of a cancelled event due to injury. it's a lose/lose for ufc

why would the UFC want Conor to fight Khabib on short notice??

I love the eagle but he doesnt deserve the shot

Khabib would have had to pull out with an injury days before the fight. Why risk it?

Pre-Mendes: Finally, a wrestler. McGregor can't hide anymore! He's gonna get destroyed.

Post-Mendes: He didn't have enough time to prepare; full-camp Mendes wrecks McGregor.

Pre-Khabib: McGregor is fucked. Khabib gonna take him down and maul him for 5-rounds! He'll be exposed for the hype he is.

Post-Khabib: He didn't get a full-camp. McGregor is ducking full-camp grapplers! UFC is protecting him.

I don't want to see McGregor/Khabib unless they both get 6+ weeks to prepare.

How can you be a fan of a guy that can't even make it into the cage?
He's the most overhyped fighter in the ufc right now. He's proven nothing and gets talked about like he's the next Fedor.
proven nothing ? he beats RDA soundly.

I wish the Conor haters could pull their head out of their asshole and think one rational thought for a second.
The way Khabib ragdolled RDA in their fight many think he is the uncrowned LW champion, it is just a formality for Khabib to get the belt away from RDA IF he can make it to the cage to fight him.

He is fighting Ferguson on Fox and there is a reason for that. First of the UFC is test driving them to see how they perform as Main event fighters, how they meet the media's obligation and so forth. The second main reason is to introduce them to the masses, to give them a name recognition. In other words, UFC is grooming them to be title contenders. I don't know how stupid you have to be to believe UFC would match them together now when nothing is on the line and noone knows who the fuck Khabib is. Conor and Khabib is destined to fight for the belt in the future imo.

Habib is a shit draw.

No one cares about him save Russians.

It has absolutely fuck-all to do with "protecting Conor."

I think the UFC considers risk/reward.

Conor fighting Nate is relatively low risk, even at WW, but high reward. Khabib is high risk - he does have a style that would trouble Conor - but for zero reward. Khabib is not popular, fights infrequently, has missed weight, pulls out of fights....there is literally zero upside to Conor/Khabib.

Some people act as though the UFC should be giving each guy their toughest opponent style-wise every fight but that isn't how it works. The UFC is a fight promotion. Sometimes that does mean a bad style matchup is made, like when Weidman earned the right to face Anderson. Other times fighters only get 'favourable' matchups. Usually angsty anti-fans only decide a matchup is 'favourable' in retrospect, Mendes was meant to be Conor's kryptonite, Aldo had too many ways to win....

The UFC is not protecting Conor, they are protecting an investment in a situation where Conor may not have fought at all when his opponent was unfortunately forced to withdraw shortly before a fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...s-ready-to-fight-mcgregor-but-ufc-wanted-diaz

Probably cus the UFC knew that Khabib is a nightmare matchup for Conor. I think Nate is an easier fight for Conor than Aldo or Mendes. Nate is hittable as fuck and just plays right into Conor's counter punching game.
Or maybe because Khabib is known for injuries and might pull out at last minute or maybe the FACT THAT HE IS ALREADY BOOKED?
Or maybe cuz Nate v Conor had the most retweet?

IDK maybe you're right and he is moving up 2 weight classes to dodge Edgar o wait...

The UFC is keeping him away from Khabib because they don't want to promote a fight that won't happen.
Screenshot_1747.png Really hush Paige Vanzant fan.
maxresdefault.jpg
rose-7.jpg

he should've been ready to fight Ferguson and those other fights he pulled out of

i don't see why they should "reward" someone as unreliable as he is

I wish the Conor haters could pull their head out of their asshole and think one rational thought for a second.
The way Khabib ragdolled RDA in their fight many think he is the uncrowned LW champion, it is just a formality for Khabib to get the belt away from RDA IF he can make it to the cage to fight him.

He is fighting Ferguson on Fox and there is a reason for that. First of the UFC is test driving them to see how they perform as Main event fighters, how they meet the media's obligation and so forth. The second main reason is to introduce them to the masses, to give them a name recognition. In other words, UFC is grooming them to be title contenders. I don't know how stupid you have to be to believe UFC would match them together now when nothing is on the line and noone knows who the fuck Khabib is. Conor and Khabib is destined to fight for the belt in the future imo.

Oh yeah you scared lol

ufc-165-maincard1-post-fight-intv-pic.jpg

"If Conor fights me, I SMASH HIM... 4 minutes no problem"

- Kenny Florian

Khabib is full of crap! He couldn't fight Ferguson in March but now he can fight Mcgregor. He hasn't fought in 2 years, has one noteworthy win to his name, has the boring bear hugging style and he thinks he fits the bill with Conor. The UFC already did him a huge favor by making him the headliner on a stacked FOX card. Let's see if he even shows up to that and can he deliver a good fight, I seriously doubt he can.

Nate Diaz punked him at that WSOF event and in the end Khabib didn't want to fight Diaz, he said he wanted the bigger better fight...ahaha who's the bigger better fight now! Khabib is all talk, he's the nothing fight right now.

Back