Father and son serial killer!?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was on wiki and came on a Romanian serial killer who had a father that turned out to be a serial killer.

Has this ever happened before or is this the first case of a father and son serial killer? Is this really genetics?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Rîmaru

nature vs nurture. the great debate continues

ironic that the father didn't kill the son. just sayin. also ts if you find that kind of stuff interesting, there were no shortage of gnarly serial killers from south america. some real beasts (no pun intended) that made ted bundy look like the cookie monster.

Kids usually gain a lot of traits from their parents. If they hide something from the past it may haunt them in the future in the form of their kids unless they are properly taught right from wrong. All criminals that have kids had better get to work or else.

Adult Harrison Morgan, and father, Dexter.

ironic that the father didn't kill the son. just sayin. also ts if you find that kind of stuff interesting, there were no shortage of gnarly serial killers from south america. some real beasts (no pun intended) that made ted bundy look like the cookie monster.

How so? I always thought that serial killers have families to cover up their blood lust and maintain an appearance.

I agree, some of the scariest serial killers are from Japan and Korea. An infamous Korean serial killer retired without getting caught and his statue of limitation expired as well and he was brutal as fuck!

Ted Bundy though evil was not the worst serial killer in the world. He killed some victims quickly and they say that he even saved a boy from drowning.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

How so? I always thought that serial killers have families to cover up their blood lust and maintain an appearance.

lol. that sounds like dexter. im not sure, i thought most of them were loners.

I agree, some of the scariest serial killers are from Japan and Korea. An infamous Korean serial killer retired without getting caught and his statue of limitation expired as well and he was brutal as fuck!...

i was not aware of this. to satisfy some morbid curiosity a while back i looked up a list of the serial killers with the most victims or the worst serial killers in history...something like that. i don't remember much, other that being shocked at some of the numbers, but i don't remember anything from asia. that by doesn't mean they aren't there obviously. i miss shit all the time. i was probably bouncing back and forth between links to the pages of the killers from south america. obvious wiki distractions are obvious.

here is an example:

Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos aka "La Bestia" ("The Beast") - wiki

i don't know if "sinister" begins to describe that one...

edit:

here is the original wiki article i referenced above:

List of serial killers by number of victims - wiki

Good to see family business is thriving in todays society.

I'd say it's less genetics and more upbringing here. Kid would've been raised by a misogynistic, cruel man who probably brainwashed him into feeling the same way about women etc.

It looks like a lot of those guys are free too because apparently Columbia and some other South American countries have a max limit of 30-60 years in prison. Then they cut time off for assisting them and more time for good behavior.
Like this guy
Pedro Lopez- Child-murderer and rapist, known as "The Monster of the Andes". Targeted young girls, between the ages of 8 and 12. Arrested in 1980 and convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls but confessed to killing 300, exact total unknown. Though he may be the most prolific serial killer of the 20th century, he was released in 1998. Current whereabouts unknown

I did my degree in Criminology. I was very lucky to have spent time chatting with Robert Hare, creator of the 'Hare test' for psychopathy.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

You can be born with a genetic predisposition, but generally speaking it's a combination of nature and nurture.

Very interesting topic.

I'm not allowed to rent books from the library because I have unpaid late fees.

My dad is in a similar situation. He's a pensioner who has plenty of books at home and claims he didn't rent the books in question in the first place.

But still... genetics lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

I read this guy's story on Wikipedia. He was a pretty awful one. Up there with Bundy in my opinion. From reading the story, I don't think they know all of what he did.

Having read the majority of serial killer bios, there are quite a few really deranged, unknown serial killers who probably top guys like Bundy in terms of sickening depravity but don't have the body-count to be as notorious as the Bundy's of the world.

Back