Fat loss questions

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Nick Kilian, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Nick Kilian

Nick Kilian Amateur Fighter

I try to be as scientific with my weight cuts as possible before fights. I want to time the appropriate weight loss as close as possible without having to cut much weight the night before.

Is the general consensus of fat in the body work like this:

When your body purges the fat while working out and dieting, It fills the fat cells with water first before actually shrinking down.

I've always wondered why when you think you've been dieting really hard and exercising you sometimes plateau for a little while and nothing happens. It's almost depressing to not see immediate results but now I tell myself it is just how my body works. Then all of a sudden your just 3 pounds lighter and its your normal 'wake up' weight. Is there a general time frame between water filling and leaving the fat cells? Is it accelerated by dehydration? Or is this actually not what happens when losing fat off your body....

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Clint07

Clint07 You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature?

I'm not sure if the water retention in that way has ever been proven either way but I definitely believe it as I tend to see it as well.

So far as I know there is no easy way to predict when/how much it will occur. Lyle McDonald recommends eating some carbs while consuming very little water in an attempt to cause your body to flush the water.