FAT fighter to MMA fighter.

20/02/13

Side control reversals and how to re-gain position.

Just did some drilling, as calf was still hurting.

Just some basic stuff like brigdeing up and sliding hand under there arm pit to get the under-hook.

Next drill was once under-hook was gained, to punch arm through and scoot body down, step leg over and grab a single leg, drive through and pin.`

There was another drill, but I cant remember.

Took the rest of the week off has calf strain started to effect my hamstring. Did plenty of foam rolling, rehab work and icing.

Keep it up, sounds like you are making good progress.

Good man! Do you train MMA yourself?

I only do strength training now, and the odd bit of boxing bag & padwork here and there.

In the past I have trained and competed in: Karate, Boxing and Muay Thai. I have also trained but not competed in Judo, Kickboxing & Submission Wrestling. So strictly speaking I have never trained "MMA" as we know it these days, but I have trained separately in many of the common disciplines that contribute to it. I've also gone along to Sambo seminars and did a seminar with Ian "The Machine" Freeman a few years back which was great.

The short answer though, is: no.

You're on a roll mate (pun intended)! Whereabouts are you located yourself Cr3do?

You're on a roll mate (pun intended)! Whereabouts are you located yourself Cr3do?

Cheers man! Based in Manchester mate. Yeah training going good, just hope the injuries stay off. Ive always been a bit injury prone!

Back