fastest way to lose 20lbs

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Dou, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Dou

Dou Guest

im 5'9 175lbs, how i can lose 20 lbs fast without losing strength and to keep it off

2. b0b

b0b Banned Banned

Figure out what your maintenance level of calories is via an online calculator (Google). Take that number, subtract 500 and eat that amount of calories. Do some type of low intensity cardio for 30-45 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week. OR do some HIIT(Google) regimen for 15 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week.

Add a weight resistance routine in as well, and you should lose about 1-2 lbs a week and gain strength as well. Any faster weight drop will just be in muscle and water weight and will make you weaker.

3. Dou

Dou Guest

what food diet should i do to help? i do drink protein shakes just nonfat milk and protein powder. and i havent been eating any carbs lately

4. Ted-P

Ted-P Brown Belt

Wow this protein diet thing is getting out of hand.

5. Dou

Dou Guest

its just easier for me cuz the only main carbs i like are pasta and its not that hard to stay away from that

6. b0b

b0b Banned Banned

Try to eat well balanced. Eat more wholesome foods, instead of processed foods like chips and stuff. Eat 4-6 small meals and snack in between, that way you don't binge.

7. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

if you want really fast results, you wont get that without cutting the weight, and that will cause you to lose strength. Unless you have money for lipo, it will take time.

8. MadDildo

MadDildo Shame Staff Member Senior Moderator

I don't want to be known as the lipo expert, since that one thread I started was mostly in jest, but lipo doesn't take off much weight: only 2-4 pounds.

9. MunchE

MunchE Orange Belt

This guy seems like a troll. But it's good to see people gave some legit responses.

1-2 pounds a week isn't always the rule though, I've been building muscle losing ~3lbs a week. However I'm very overweight, so I'm sure that contributes. ;)