fastest way to lose 20lbs

D

Dou

im 5'9 175lbs, how i can lose 20 lbs fast without losing strength and to keep it off

Figure out what your maintenance level of calories is via an online calculator (Google). Take that number, subtract 500 and eat that amount of calories. Do some type of low intensity cardio for 30-45 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week. OR do some HIIT(Google) regimen for 15 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week.

Add a weight resistance routine in as well, and you should lose about 1-2 lbs a week and gain strength as well. Any faster weight drop will just be in muscle and water weight and will make you weaker.

what food diet should i do to help? i do drink protein shakes just nonfat milk and protein powder. and i havent been eating any carbs lately

Wow this protein diet thing is getting out of hand.

its just easier for me cuz the only main carbs i like are pasta and its not that hard to stay away from that

Try to eat well balanced. Eat more wholesome foods, instead of processed foods like chips and stuff. Eat 4-6 small meals and snack in between, that way you don't binge.

if you want really fast results, you wont get that without cutting the weight, and that will cause you to lose strength. Unless you have money for lipo, it will take time.

PIT FIGHTER said:
if you want really fast results, you wont get that without cutting the weight, and that will cause you to lose strength. Unless you have money for lipo, it will take time.

I don't want to be known as the lipo expert, since that one thread I started was mostly in jest, but lipo doesn't take off much weight: only 2-4 pounds.

This guy seems like a troll. But it's good to see people gave some legit responses.

1-2 pounds a week isn't always the rule though, I've been building muscle losing ~3lbs a week. However I'm very overweight, so I'm sure that contributes. ;)

Back