Fastest hands in combat sports history?

Sugar Ray Leonard had some of the fastest hands ever.

The moment at 2:45 where he tried to get up and pretended he was doing the chicken dance would have failed a high school drama class.

He got hit with a punch but it was a light punch.

Liston was managed by the mob, he worked for them. Fixed fights were not uncommon around that time.

We covered whether the punch was legit. You can't fake that shock-wave from the punch. I like how you completely ignored that in calling it a "light punch."

Conor McGregor has amazing handspeed despite having great timing, precission and power.

Pacman and Naseem for boxing. Eddie Alvarez and Marcus Davis for MMA. I guess im taking the technical aspect into it as well. Paul Daley used to have some quick hands too not so much anymore

No that's isn't the general rule lol. I've trained with lighter fighters and they weren't faster, and I've seen heavyweights with faster hands than lighter weight fighters. It depends on your training. The fighters that focus on explosiveness and speed will have it. Doesn't matter what weight class.
That's absolute bollocks, you need to change your name immediately.

Roy Jones jr but damn, tyson threw combos super fast too

He loss his fights because he wasn't fast enough in the pocket. He has fast hands but he loss to fighters with faster hands than him in the pocket.
Who has he lost to that has faster hands? Cody is pretty substantially ahead of all his opponents in raw hand and foot speed, his issues are elsewhere.

Reactions: 613
Some off the top of my head besides Roy Jones are... Pacquiao, Tyson, Saki, Belfort

To this day,nothing ever came close to being this fast

dX2uNGnlVSwgA4WxDlhtky-Q6BfleQBVR0zECQ7lNLs.gif

RJJ, that said the 2 Sugar Rays were fast as ......

Back