Fastest hands in combat sports history?

Ankalaev's reflexes on his counter punches is top shelf.

Find your smallest fighter and there's your answer. excluding dwarven athletes.
Not really because there are fighters in weight classes above with equal or greater hand speed. People think size prevents them from having movement/speed. You have to train those as well.

Not GOAT level but Melvin Guillard had real quick hands.

For boxing, Naseem Hamed had freaky speed. His hands and feet were both super fast.
Yup Nas was quick. He would catch people in between punches using his speed all the time.

Roy is always a good answer but Pac-Man vs DLH is one of the best examples of wtf hand speed I’ve ever seen
Even DLH was talking about his hand speed in-between rounds with his corner. That's what most fighters who fight PAC say in their corners in-between rounds. Like everyone knows about his speed but it's different once they are there in front of him.

And Honda Housey. Check out around the 0:13 mark.

Those punches she threw on HHH look a lot better than her shadow boxing punches. She should learn how to throw those type of punches with her shadow boxing.

The correct answer is gokan saki 4 all u cashews lol

Not really because there are fighters in weight classes above with equal or greater hand speed. People think size prevents them from having movement/speed. You have to train those as well.
Yeah, nah. As a general rule the smaller the fighter the faster the hands.

Yeah, nah. As a general rule the smaller the fighter the faster the hands.
No that's isn't the general rule lol. I've trained with lighter fighters and they weren't faster, and I've seen heavyweights with faster hands than lighter weight fighters. It depends on your training. The fighters that focus on explosiveness and speed will have it. Doesn't matter what weight class.

Weight class wise the GOAT is Roy, nobody could land clean on him during his prime, he made Toney look like an amateur and Toney was a very technically sound boxer with good speed and power.

Otherwise Ali, Khan, Sugar ray Leonard and Robinson, PacMan, Mayweather Jr. (prime), Gary Russel, forgetting a couple underrated gentleman

Those punches she threw on HHH look a lot better than her shadow boxing punches. She should learn how to throw those type of punches with her shadow boxing.

Hey, that other girl was cheating!

It has to be Roy Jones, not only that he's very fast, he's very accurate as well. Just watch him destroy Pazienza in the last seconds of the round is just picture perfect accuracy and speed.

If you mean pound for pound then Roy Jones Jr was the one I thought of too.

Floyd Mayweather senior was unreal fast, if you are just looking for pure speed.

Last edited:
Back