fast food options?

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I know that fast food should be completely avoided for the most part... but with college, work, marriage, workouts, etc. it is not always avoidable(at least in my situation) and I am forced to eat fast food maybe 1-2 times a week... I wondered if anyone had anywhere they go when they have to do food on the go and what they order there...

Dude. You serious? First canned chicken, now a fast food thread? What do you think? Use your own judgment. It looks like you want to be spoon fed now. What do you think are good options at fast foods? Why dont you just eat a double cheeseburger with extra mayo, cheese and ketchup. Sounds good?

There really is no good option for fast food. The best you can do is prepare your food ahead of time and if you think there is a chance you will be out longer than expected then bring something with you in some tupperware.

If all else fails, 7-11 sells Musclle Milk. You can also get some of that or some Myoplex MRP ready to drinks at most local supplement stores.

If you don't prepare your meals ahead of time just get a shaker bottle and keep a good milk protein blend in your car with a gallon of water for those emergencies.

Fast food kills progress and performance.

Dont tell me you dont have time when you are here on sherdog. Instead you could be prepping food for tomorrow and the day after...hell...for the whole week.

Anyways...

whats around you? McD's? BK, what? You can eat a sandwich at a QuickChecks, Subways...better than McD's and shit if you are always on the go.

Dont tell me you dont have time when you are here on sherdog. Instead you could be prepping food for tomorrow and the day after...hell...for the whole week.

yeah QFT, you can cook a week's worth of protein in like 2 hours or less.

Just use your head. Grilled chicken > fried chicken, sub out fries whenever possible, diet pop, etc. etc.

^^LAMO. I was gonna say that too.

you're right ziltoid... I should probably just cook for the next week on my only free time of the day when i actually worked all day and go to college over full time... why didn't I think of that... get outa my thread if it pains you so much

lol! My bad. Well I didnt mean to be so mean. Just use the head a little. :icon_surp
What about the wifey? Ask her to help you out and prep some food for you. My wife always takes care of me that way. Saves me a shit load of time. I dont even have to worry about it at all.

Everyone here honestly thinks I needed spoon fed? I wasn't saying I have no clue what to order at fast food... I was simply making conversation asking what others liked to do... excuse me I apologize everyone... what was I thinking... assuming people are nice? Woah, absolutely crazy...

anyways, thanks ziltoid, a tip I can use *runs off to throw wife into the kitchen*

Ahhh...just take it as tough love...like I have received from the S&P b4. Me personally hate to eat out at fast foods but there are times when Ill have to eat out like that. In that case...ill try to get a sandwhich from Subway or something. Grilled chicken, WW bread with some spinach. If its McD's...I hate spending alot of money on their crappy, expensive salads that dont even fill me up. Ill go with fish or chicken then.

you're right ziltoid... I should probably just cook for the next week on my only free time of the day when i actually worked all day and go to college over full time... why didn't I think of that... get outa my thread if it pains you so much

Seriously, bro, I was in your shoes. Worked full-time (beyond full-time, actually) while going to college full-time, while being married, yada, yada yada... and yet cooking/prepping food wasn't an issue. It was simply a part of my life.

With that said, I haven't a clue why you're not able to find time. Perhaps undisclosed factors limit your ability to adapt. That's fine. But when it comes to matters of convenience, you don't always have to resort to preservative-laden canned meats and soul-destroying fast food. Think for a moment and be observant.

Go to a store like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's and pickup pre-cooked meats/meals. Or simply go into your local grocery store (be it Smith's, Ralph's, Vons... whatever) and check their prepared foods section. Buy, freeze/store, and eat as needed.

Yeah... I guess I need to just make it part of my life a bit more... it is hard getting to that stage where it is natural to eat that way... but maybe it is time to suck it up and be a man...

Wendy's has some okay choices. The Chili is good as is their grilled chicken sandwich.

Panda Express is good. Just get a carton of their Mandarin Chicken with no sauce or any of their non-breaded chicken dishes. They are all okay.

If you are a health nut, you should never eat any fast food. It's all full of garbage. But if you don't take it too seriously, then go for it. It won't kill you for a long time.

Anybody else here a fan of the Whole Foods buffet? That's what I use as the fast food option. Only problem is it's expensive as fuck.

McChicken Grill minus the mayonnaise, toss the buns.

Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad, use the almonds, lose the wontons, 1/2 serving of dressing.

Wendy's Chili

Those are the only ones that I know of that are actually pretty decent.

Back