Fast Food is awesome.

Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing

2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

enough said folks. 3k calories for an appetizer....

Wha????

*eats more Aussie Chili Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing*

Salt + fat + sugars = tasty.

Or at least that's what your brain will tell you.

The evolutionary psychology take on obesity and fast food is fascinating. If you're not familiar with it, it essentially says that high fat, high sodium, and sweet foods are delicious to us because finding such foods would have been like winning the lottery in our hunter-gatherer past.

And fast food purveyors exploit this evolutionary hangover by cramming their foods full of the things we as a species love.

The field has a similar take on alcohol. Fermentation would have signaled extremely ripe, sugary fruit in the past. Lots of energy, less time finding/gathering sufficient calories to go about your daily tasks.

You have a link to that or maybe a book I can read? That sounds pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind reading up on it.

Notice how most of these items aren't even from your traditional "fast food" places; they are from sit-down restaurants.

2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

Wow that would be my whole meal for the day and to think its an appetizer. No wonder obesity is climbing in the U.S

When I finish the Velocity Diet, the first thing I'm doing is conquering EVERY piece of food on that list. In one day. For 7 days.

IT CAN BE DONE!

Looking at those numbers makes me sick. I need to take that type of food out of my diet completely.

The numbers are quite amazing. One of the biggest problems in the US are the portions. When I have traveled overseas, I have been amazed at the smaller drinking cups and fry portions they give at fast food places. I guess a 44 oz is just too much in their opinion and they settled for 12. The same goes for the sit-down places as well.

all of that stuff looks so good....... i just ate and looking at that stuff makes me want to go out and get it right now haha.

i'm surprised more people don't have heart attacks >_<

all of that stuff looks so good....... i just ate and looking at that stuff makes me want to go out and get it right now haha.

i'm surprised more people don't have heart attacks >_<

Just go to Hickory Park and get their Combination tray. I used to polish those off and then get ice cream. Yes, I graduated from Iowa State.

2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

*heads immediately to Outback*

The appetizers were pretty crazy but I wasn't nearly as shocked by them as I was by the "personal" pizza and the meatball dish. Those are things that mormally ONLY ONE PERSON eats. 2500+ calories plus all the carbs and fat... Yeah, America is going to eat itself to death.

Only thing that I've had on that list is Macaroni Grill's Spaghetti and Meatballs. It doesn't seem like it would be nearly that many calories.

Back