Fascinating approach to HW GOAT

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I did some research and this is the exact order on who was pronounced HW GOAT by Rogan and the extremely intelligent UFC fanbase:

1. Brock
2. Cain
3. JDS
4. Cain again
5. Werdum
6. Stipe
7. DC
8. Stipe again

All of them eclipsed Fedor who went undefeated ravaging HW for a decade, accumulating 0-2 defenses before losing their all-time GOAT status as quickly as they gained it. Coincidentally, all the the fighters sucked after they ceased being the greatest of all time HW.

TLDR: UFC marketing is complete and utter bullshit + MMA fanbase is cucumber-level-IQ. These two facts combine to form the basis for how they have literally labeled every.single.fighter who held the belt as the GOAT, and why the fanbase shits on them once they lose their belt.

The UFC hype machine is nonsense, anyone with common sense knows it.

Fedor stands the test of time.

If only everyone were intelligent like you...then the world would clearly be a better place...

So I did some research and this is the exact order on who was pronounced HW GOAT by Rogan and the extremely intelligent UFC fanbase:

1. Brock
2. Cain
3. JDS
4. Cain again
5. Werdum
6. Stipe
7. DC
8. Stipe again

All of them eclipsed Fedor who went undefeated ravaging HW for a decade, accumulating 0-2 defenses before losing their all-time GOAT status as quickly as they gained it. Coincidentally, all the the fighters sucked after they ceased being the greatest of all time HW.

TLDR: UFC marketing is complete and utter bullshit + MMA fanbase is cucumber-level-IQ. These two facts combine to form the basis for how they have literally labeled every.single.fighter who held the belt as the GOAT, and why the fanbase shits on them once they lose their belt.

Fedor, DC are the GOAT HWs.

Next tier: Reem, Werdum, Cain and
Stipe.

The crazy part is no HW has come close to surpassing Nogs legacy yet, let alone Fedor. Those 2 are so far ahead of every other HW, and P4P terms they are up there with many having Fedor #1.

Its all recency bias. They claim the new guy is GOAT since we havent seen said fighters decline yet. Claiming a fighter is GOAT when theyre still in their purime or peak is worthless.

Nog was 31-4-1-1 when he won UFC title. He was considered HW GOAT and P4P #1 before the first Fedor fight and was still consistently in the top 5-10 P4P rankings for at least another solid 5 years. His resume is arguably the best in HW history. If Fedor didnt exist hed only have 2 losses in his purime to Barnett in the GOAT HW fight in a split that he avenged decisively. Then avenging a Hendo robbery decisively as well. The only fighter he couldnt beat in his purime was Fedor who always blew him out and his 2 wins over a purime Nog are 2 of the most impressive ever.

Last edited:

1. Brock
2. Cain
3. JDS
4. Cain again
5. Werdum
6. Stipe
7. DC
8. Stipe again

Only one Fedor has a case against is number 1 which is pretty disrespectful to not just Fedor but a ton of other fighters from that era. From number 2 on there's really nothing wrong with these picks. Maybe they aren't all no brainers but none of them should be all too controversial.

"Coincidentally, all the the fighters sucked after they ceased being the greatest of all time HW."

This is objectively false. Werdum is 3-2 after losing to Stipe,JDS until he lost to Ngannou was on a win streak. Cain was basically retired for practical purposes has fought like twice since the JDS trilogy.

if we had a bill and ted time machine and we could go and grab all these guys at their peaks, Fedor is gonna slap the shit out of these guys.

Stipe would have to beat Ngannou, DC again & Jones for me to even consider him greater than Nogueira let alone Fedor

If only everyone were intelligent like you...then the world would clearly be a better place...
Nah. Idiots are necessary. Need UFC fans to be reliable peons WME can count on just like yahoo needs Kardashian articles to generate the clicks no matter how many thousands of times they post the same article and change the pic/title.

The crazy part is no HW has come close to surpassing Nogs legacy yet, let alone Fedor. Those 2 are so far ahead of every other HW, and P4P terms they are up there with many having Fedor #1.

Its all recency bias. They claim the new guy is GOAT since we havent seen said fighters decline yet. Claiming a fighter is GOAT when theyre still in their purime or peak is worthless.

Nog was 31-4-1-1 when he won UFC title. He was considered HW GOAT and P4P #1 before the first Fedor fight and was still consistently in the top 5-10 P4P rankings for at least another solid 5 years. His resume is arguably the best in the sports history. If Fedor didnt exist hed only have 2 losses in his purime to Barnett in the GOAT HW fight in a split that he avenged decisively. Then avenging a Hendo robbery decisively as well. The only fighter he couldnt beat in his purime was Fedor who always blew him out and his 2 wins over a purime Nog are 2 of the most impressive ever.
Well put. Purely resume alone Nog is beyond above every UFC HW champ declared GOAT over the last decade. I say this as a big fan of 3 of them... fan of each them this past decade prior to them getting gold, but that doesn’t cloud my reality so much that I’d buy into Rogan’s hyperbole.

Cucumber level IQ is a bit harsh TS

I like to think I'm at least capsicum level

Cucumber level IQ is a bit harsh TS

I like to think I'm at least capsicum level
I object as well...I believe my IQ to be in the plankton level or so kind sir.

Fedor defended his ranking as #1 heavyweight 18 times in a row.

No other heavyweight even comes close. A belt is just an accessory.

Nah. Idiots are necessary. Need UFC fans to be reliable peons WME can count on just like yahoo needs Kardashian articles to generate the clicks no matter how many thousands of times they post the same article and change the pic/title.
I was being sarcastic. Hence the "..." usage. You're unnecessarily arrogant in a forum where people just chat with other people about their opinions on MMA.

toddd.jpg

UFC marketing told us Todd Duffee was the NEW BREED of HW.

1. Brock
2. Cain
3. JDS
4. Cain again
5. Werdum
6. Stipe
7. DC
8. Stipe again

All that is subjective bullsh*t anyway.

Back