Farrakhan and other speakers at Aretha Franklin funeral

You can like his message or hate his message, that doesn't make saying it at her funeral appropriate. We go to funerals to say our final good byes, not listen to people turn it in to a political platform. If she wanted that message spread at her funeral fine. If he took the opportunity on himself, I feel he was in the wrong for doing so.

He had a platform to do good for the black community. He used it. Good for him.

I expect the LGBT+88 to boycott the pastor and denounce black people since especially since that bigot line "As for black women, he preached that "as proud, beautiful and fine as our black women are, one thing a black woman cannot do, a black woman cannot raise a black boy to be a man."

How many Huffpro stories and how many apologies by Justin Trudeau has been put out?

He had a platform to do good for the black community. He used it. Good for him.

If it wasn't a message you agreed with, I doubt you would feel the same way.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...franklin-funeral-ignites-wrath-005834257.html

"black America has lost its soul," black women are incapable of raising sons alone and the Black Lives Matter movement is unfounded in the face of black-on-black crime.
At one point, Williams asked: "Where is your soul, black man? As I look in your house, there are no fathers in the home no more."

As for black women, he preached that "as proud, beautiful and fine as our black women are, one thing a black woman cannot do, a black woman cannot raise a black boy to be a man."

Williams described as "abortion after birth" the idea of children being raised without a "provider" father and a mother as the "nurturer."

He negated the Black Lives Matter movement altogether in light of black-on-black crime, falling back on a rhyming pattern of yore:

"It amazes me how it is when the police kills one of us we're ready to protest, march, destroy innocent property," Williams began. "We're ready to loot, steal whatever we want, but when we kill 100 of us, nobody says anything, nobody does anything. Black on black crime, we're all doing time, we're locked up in our mind, there's got to be a better way, we must stop this today."

Do black lives matter?

"No, black lives do not matter," Williams said. "Black lives will not matter, black lives ought not matter, black lives should not matter, black lives must not matter until black people start respecting black lives and stop killing ourselves."

You can make a argument that whites taught blacks to hate each other during slavery.

They used to hold lighter blacks higher than darker colored blacks.
The light blacks were able to work I side while the darker blacks had to do heavy labor.

Their are more examples how some whites manipulated blacks throughout slavery due because blacks couldn't even go to school.

People need to read up on American history and what systemic effects that slavery had on future generations.

I disagree with his choice of timing, but agree with most of the message. I wouldn't say black lives don't matter, or ought not to matter. Just that some treat them like they don't.

How could any sane person disagree with him? It was factual.

That clearly has nothing to do with my stance or question to you. If his message wasn't one you personally agreed with, would you still feel it was appropriate to use the funeral for his political views?

People need to read up on American history and what systemic effects that slavery had on future generations.
There's some truth to what you said. But it's been 160+ years since slavery was abolished. At some point, the black community is gonna have to stop seeing themselves personally as victims. Some of them don't, and they are the ones that will be able to become the best people they can be. And reach their potential, which will help their families and kids. Jasper Williams was right.

Victim mentality will kill you and your community. Cause you're always blaming somebody else for your problems. That goes for every person, every color of skin.

He should call out black women more....Im tired of this white knight bullshit culture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel if anybody is to blame...Its black women...Not black Men.

A lot of black women fuck around alot and get pregnant...They are the one's to blame...They chose to do that...They chose to fuck guys who would probably bail on them...Then some of them have horrible attitudes and fuck up the kids live because they are horrible examples for these kids.

He should call out black women more....Im tired of this white knight bullshit culture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of black women fuck around alot and get pregnant...They are the one's to blame...They chose to do that...They chose to fuck guys who would probably bail on them...Then some of them have horrible attitudes and fuck up the kids live because they are horrible examples for these kids.

Amen Rev. Goater. I'm serious.

I've heard that the black churches cater to black women. The pastors are afraid to say anything against the black female single mother culture of sleeping around, and all the stereotypes you and I know that exist there. But a number of these pastors are sleeping around with these women too. You can't be a good spiritual leader and shepherd your congregation spiritually when one or both of those things is going on.

So you’d be cool with Trump getting a picture with David Duke?

If he didn't show support for Duke, but merely appeared at an event where someone takes a picture with both of them in it, then yes. That's what I was talking about. It goes for anyone. Why do you think it doesn't? How does being in a picture with someone make them mutual supporters of each others ideas?

I also say, the state of the white churches in America is not so hot either. Too much social gospel, works gospel, sometimes legalism, liberalism/social justice, name it claim it junk, or live your best life now Osteen gospel. It's all a false gospel that Paul in Galatians warns us about.

You can like his message or hate his message, that doesn't make saying it at her funeral appropriate. We go to funerals to say our final good byes, not listen to people turn it in to a political platform. If she wanted that message spread at her funeral fine. If he took the opportunity on himself, I feel he was in the wrong for doing so.
He was asked to speak, by her, for this message to be shared.

The fact that the media is using it to attack him should raise a red flag. Being crucified for telling the truth.

What is the real meaning of that.

If he didn't show support for Duke, but merely appeared at an event where someone takes a picture with both of them in it, then yes. That's what I was talking about. It goes for anyone. Why do you think it doesn't? How does being in a picture with someone make them mutual supporters of each others ideas?
When did Trump "show support for Duke"?
Are you willing to now say that Duke supporting Trump does not equal Trump agreeing with Duke's positions?

There's some truth to what you said. But it's been 160+ years since slavery was abolished. At some point, the black community is gonna have to stop seeing themselves personally as victims. Some of them don't, and they are the ones that will be able to become the best people they can be. And reach their potential, which will help their families and kids. Jasper Williams was right.

Victim mentality will kill you and your community. Cause you're always blaming somebody else for your problems. That goes for every person, every color of skin.

Yup. I agree that they have to build each other up and move on.

It's hard though when you are fighting a uphill battle and when all cards were stacked against you for 300+yrs.

Black father ripped from their families and sold through slavery.

Systemic effect= sons grow up with no father or discipline and no father son social and emotional bonds.

Some Black Sons grow up not caring to know there own children's because they didn't have male figures in there lives.

Education systemic effects= blacks weren't allowed write,read or have education , compared to whites which gained alot from education. Having 300+years of education will give you an advantage.

Systemic effect= How are black children supposed to learn solutions to academics when none of the family are educated at all?
I could go to my mother and father if I needed help to solve math or language mistakes .

No education = poor job prospects. Blacks have way less money compared to whites in America dollar to dollar.

Mistreated by police. Police in America used to side with whites during slavery because their were no laws written to protect them. So whites could beat, sexually assault women and kill black men with no issues. Blacks couldn't flee because they were owed.

Police Systemic effect= African Americans don't trust police, especially white police officers due to being mistreated unfairly, being stopped unfairly, drugs planted on some of them, police brutality, cold murder.

We see all these videos of police and whole department being sued for mistreatment. This all was happening to minorities even before videos on our phones sadly. Alot of white America is now starting to see this.

Racism is still thriving today and we must call out them anytime we get a chance.

I listened to most of his sermon. He was calling black people to return to God in that sermon. He though black people blamed everyone else instead of themselves for the state the black community is in.

I prefer more scripture in sermons than what he gave. But he did give a truthful message that honored Franklin and encouraged black people to returned to God. He thinks the black community has lost something.

I thought it was a good message. Gutsy and controversial because the Democrat Party will unleash hell on him for it.
It wasn't a sermon, it was an eulogy.

Back