Farmers Walk

Uchaaa**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Servus.

Iam planning on doing some famers walks at my homegym, but I dont have the equipement for said exercise. I have tried it with 2 barbells but it is impossible to balance. Does someone has a good idea?

...being hard to balance is one of the great things about farmer's carries with a barbell - it really makes you work your grip and connects your shoulder girdle and core muscles.

But if fighting for the balance is not your thing, then you can try a couple of 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot and fill them with your choice of sand, water, smaller weight plates, etc. If you go this route get a small piece of rubber hose to pad the handle/grips.

Zen Mojo
zenmojobjj.blogspot.com/

____
Get your grips, use your shoulder for pressure and whisper something dirty to the mat as you pass...

I live in Germany, I dont know where to buy those buckets. But I will try to look out for them. I was thinking about some kind of handle which I can put on and off the barbell. BUt I dont really know how to build that.Can you show me a video where someone does farmers walk with barbells only? Its hard to believe that this is acutally possible.

depending on the weight you will use, can you buy stainless steel buckets, ie - milk buckets. If you have farm supply stores, you can pick those up there. They are less likely to break from prolonged use with heavy weights, but are more expensive.

You could also just buy burlap sacks and fill them with sand, weights, etc. You can get those at farm supply stores too.

@ Alacrity Are you sure they are big enough? They need to be min 50 kg heavy(filled). But I dont really know where to get them.

@ law Thanks for the thread, but the farmers walk links are broken.

Back