Television FARGO Season 4 (Premieres Sept. 27)

Varga was a bad ass villain in season 3. Rotting teeth and all

3lwkpn.jpg

CHERNOBYL-Jessie-Buckley-as-Lyudmilla-Ignatenko-photo-credit-Liam-Daniel-HBO-c7aec6e.jpg

giphy.gif

Great show so I trust they know what they're doing but...Kansas City? That doesn't seem right.

Great show so I trust they know what they're doing but...Kansas City? That doesn't seem right.
A。it’s a tv show

B. Kansas City mafia was a pretty big thing at one point in time especially if we are talking 1950’s

C. Black communities had several Harlem’s of the west in places like Kansas City, Denver, Omaha, etc..

D. Changing the scenery but keeping the Fargo title isn’t so crazy as the stories are loosely connected and the Kansas City mafia was already mentioned in previous seasons as being the big baddies.

Still not watched S3

S1 WAS 10 10
2 was decent too

Season 3 was pretty shit... this guy pissed me off so much though. Great actor

fargo_304_0361r1.jpg
Huh? Season 3 was amazing. It might not have been quite as good as the first two seasons, but that bar is sky high.

This is the best show on television now. The best reason I can figure that it doesn't have a larger following is that it is a thinking man's show, and it demands a bit more knowledge of Christian theology to process than almost any art does, anymore, reminding me of Bergman more than anything I see that actually gets watched these days. Probably a bigger reason is timing. It debuted when the golden age of television had reached its climax before declining with the saturation brought on by streaming services. This was 2014, and arguably the greatest year in the history of television:
  • Breaking Bad and Mad Men were coming to a close
  • Game of Thrones, Modern Family, Downton Abbey, House of Cards, Suits, and Blue Bloods were at their peak quality
  • The Walking Dead was in the middle of one of its two best seasons; this was back when it was the biggest thing in cable history, and still bigger than GoT
  • True Detective had just rolled out what might be the best single season of TV ever made
  • Parks & Recreation, Justified, and Community were in their penultimate seasons
  • Boardwalk Empire's third season couldn't even get nominated for an Emmy
  • Rick and Morty was in its second season, and just being discovered by the mainstream
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine was also in its sophomore season, and just getting its legs
  • Hannibal was yet another show in its sophomore season, and seemed to have everyone gripped
  • South Park, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Archer were going as strong as today-- perhaps stronger
  • Silicon Valley and BoJack Horseman piloted that year
  • Black Sails launched with a captivating first season though it unfortunately didn't ultimately fulfill that season's potential (but did vault Toby Stephens to TV stardom after two decades in the trenches)
  • Adventure Time was at the peak of its weirdness
  • Homeland and The Good Wife were arguably still good
  • Sons of Anarchy was shit at that point, but it was in its last season, and had hardcore fans

I mean, holy Christ, how in the hell does a show get noticed with all that going on?

Last edited:
A。it’s a tv show

B. Kansas City mafia was a pretty big thing at one point in time especially if we are talking 1950’s

C. Black communities had several Harlem’s of the west in places like Kansas City, Denver, Omaha, etc..

D. Changing the scenery but keeping the Fargo title isn’t so crazy as the stories are loosely connected and the Kansas City mafia was already mentioned in previous seasons as being the big baddies.

I've only watched the first two season (Just getting ready to start the 3rd), but part of the charm of the show is how it takes place in small towns in the Northern Midwest. I'm sure the 4th season will be great, But an African America Mafia fighting it out with an Italian Mafia in a big city kind of takes away from the whole premise of the show. Not to mention it's been done a million times already. It would be like a season of The Chi all of the sudden taking place in a rural village in Alaska.

Havent seen this available on FX at all...

You’re missing out, it has been great!

Haha I've seen the first 3 seasons, it is one of my top shows of all time. Saw the trailer for Season 4 but was wondering what happened.

Cant wait for it to air, it'll probably be a few more months

Aw wtf it’s not out

OOhh forgot the thread, just posted in the tv thread

Like it and Chris Rock is great in it but first two eps of Fargo's got me close to tears.

Buzzing for this, never even knew it was coming out.

Rewatched it all lately so this is perfect timing.

Sorry to crash the party, but I’m not gonna get too excited about something starring Chris Rock. It’s a ‘fool me 5 times’ kinda thing. Brilliant comedian, horrible movies. It is known.

That said, Fargo is pretty teflon, so maybe this is where it will finally click for him. I hope so, great fucking show. Cautiously anticipating this.

Aaaaaaand it sucks. Hate to say I told you so

In Chris Rock’s defense, it’s not just his fault. Though he’s still a terrible actor & he’s terrible in this, the directing, writing, hell even the costume design & the soundtrack, & casting all around is pure shit.

The only good parts are a some side character performances — the daughter chick, Glynn Turman from Gremlins, and Genny from Gomorra all range somewhere between interesting & mesmerizing when they are onscreen — & a few editing transitions. The rest of the production is pretty much garbage, sadly.

tenor.gif

Huh? Season 3 was amazing. It might not have been quite as good as the first two seasons, but that bar is sky high.

This is the best show on television now. The best reason I can figure that it doesn't have a larger following is that it is a thinking man's show, and it demands a bit more knowledge of Christian theology to process than almost any art does, anymore, reminding me of Bergman more than anything I see that actually gets watched these days. Probably a bigger reason is timing. It debuted when the golden age of television had reached its climax before declining with the saturation brought on by streaming services. This was 2014, and arguably the greatest year in the history of television:
  • Breaking Bad and Mad Men were coming to a close
  • Game of Thrones, Modern Family, Downton Abbey, House of Cards, Suits, and Blue Bloods were at their peak quality
  • The Walking Dead was in the middle of one of its two best seasons; this was back when it was the biggest thing in cable history, and still bigger than GoT
  • True Detective had just rolled out what might be the best single season of TV ever made
  • Parks & Recreation, Justified, and Community were in their penultimate seasons
  • Boardwalk Empire's third season couldn't even get nominated for an Emmy
  • Rick and Morty was in its second season, and just being discovered by the mainstream
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine was also in its sophomore season, and just getting its legs
  • Hannibal was yet another show in its sophomore season, and seemed to have everyone gripped
  • South Park, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Archer were going as strong as today-- perhaps stronger
  • Silicon Valley and BoJack Horseman piloted that year
  • Black Sails launched with a captivating first season though it unfortunately didn't ultimately fulfill that season's potential (but did vault Toby Stephens to TV stardom after two decades in the trenches)
  • Adventure Time was at the peak of its weirdness
  • Homeland and The Good Wife were arguably still good
  • Sons of Anarchy was shit at that point, but it was in its last season, and had hardcore fans

I mean, holy Christ, how in the hell does a show get noticed with all that going on?

Agreed. Season 3 was awesome -but different- and definitely toyed with ‘theology’ more openly than the 1st two seasons.

Back